Why would she be upset about this?

My girlfriend was coming close and about to hug me, but I moved aside because I thought she was gonna walk by me. I really did. Weird I know, but I was standing by the wall and the couch and its a bit of a tight space there. I honestly thought she was trying to get by so I moved. I tried to tell her this. I honestly didn't know. She just says "Fine forget it" and walks away, and goes to lay on the bed and stares at the TV...couldnt tell but her eyes looked wet. She does eventually hug me and we did for several min or so. But why did she react like that?! isn't that just a LITTLE harsh there?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• another advice, girls tend to be very prideful, get easily embarrassed and insecure about the most insignificant matter, and most of the time in order to cope we either use silent treatment or act immaturely lsuch as pout and frown like a 5 year old. So next time she does something like this again, even if her body language says stay away, the truth is we want you to pay more attention. But thathat doesn't mean you have to say sorry all the time, her fault is hers, ypurs is yours, don't take the blame all the time to appease her otherwise you are only enabling childish behavior

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah that's a little OTT. Maybe there is something else bothering her and that's why she went to hug you, cause she needed it. Don't make a big deal out if it but just gently ask her if everything's OK. She may just feel a little emotional and is taking it out on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe something else is bothering her. Maybe she's been rejected a lot in her life and something as small as that can hit deep, even though she knows it as an honest mistake, it could have effected her in some weird emotional way. Maybe she's not ready to share it. Maybe she doesn't know herself. Maybe she's got her period. Maybe she thought you were trying to be funny, and she wasn't in the mood for it. A lot of maybes, only she can give you the right answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • she understood you but her pride was still hurt, so gave a bit of a tantrums to calm her self down...lol, just forive her for those mini tantrums, hopefully she’ll be more mature in handling petty situations like that in the future.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know right...she practically stomped off! I literally stood in the bedroom doorway and ASKED if I could come in, and then sat on the floor by the bed to talk to her

• Show All
    • We're both in our mid 20s which makes this even more ridiculous... I stood there completely confused and hurt while she stomped off

• i thought you guys were still quite young, well if that's the case, mid twenties are still young BUT childish tantrums at that age especially about something so petty is somewhat questionable. still say forgive her but do not enable it the future, unless you did some huge mistake, if she does that again for small stuff then call her out on it, otherwise she’ll continue to be like that because she knkws that you tolerate it. Make each other better people rather than encourage immaturity.

• Umm she felt rejected I guess. If she got that upset about it clearly something else is wrong. I'm not really sure how people avoid hugs I'm a little aggressive

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz she feels like you snubbed her. Being rejected sucks. She probably felt hurt, and thinks you don't care for her

0|0
    0|0
  • She's probabaly a little hurt and. Alittle embarrassed

Give her some time

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes