Do relationships contiune after a "break"?

What is your experience after taking a break?

I have been with someone for one year. He talked about being hesitant to fully emotionally committing. He said he can't think straight because he gets caught up in how much he would miss me. I suggested we take a month break without any contact so he can clear his head and figure out if he really wants to be with me.

Do you think it's possible we will get back together, or are his "cold feet" a sign that he doesn't really want to be with me?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• i think a person shouldn't be with someone because they think the'll miss them if they break up. you should be with someone because you can't imagine not being with them not because you just think you'll miss them or feel lonely if you're not together

so if I were you I would want to know that he wants me rather than just fears being alone.

do I think you two will get back together? I'm not sure that you two should be together based on what you said but in my experience (both first hand and witnessed) breaks more often than not result in breakups