"If a guy really wanted to be with you, he would move a moutain" True or False

If you wanted to be in a committed, long-term relationship with a woman, would anything hold you back? If so, what?
Updates:
This is in relation to the "he's just not that into you" idea. If a girl wants to be with you, and you seem to want to be with her, what circumstances would hold you back?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If a guy wants to be with you, he will make a reasonable effort to be with you, but "move mountains"? That's a little excessive.

Life is complicated, and just WANTING to be with you doesn't mean it's going to happen. Other circumstances can conspire to keep you apart, and unlike in some chick flick, there's usually not a big, dramatic happy ending where the guy somehow conquers all of those obstacles and practically kills himself coming after the girl.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• False. There are a few things that would make me reconsider my options. College for example. I'm an electrical engineering major, which is one of the most academically demanding major a university can offer. This stops me from having a relationship because there's no way in HELL I could hold a strong relationship during my studies.

0|1
    0|0
    • I forgot to mention moving. I want to move out of my town badly. Getting into a relationship before I move would be a total pain in the ass.

• sure. if they were in a relationship, if I was in a relationship ... frankly there a plenty of extenuating circumstances that could impede a relationship.

i'd try my darnedest but I've definitely been in situations that despite wanting something I could have it

"you can't always get what you want"

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, a number of things could. But I'd be willing to do quite a bit.

However, be wary of this being said by people who are playing hard to get, because that's something different entirely. For me to really want to be in a relationship with someone, I need to believe they really want to be in a relationship with me. I'm willing to do -very little- to pursue someone who isn't interested, because I want someone who -wants- me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd hold plenty back. I'm not gonna break my neck over a chick, it's just not gonna happen. if a relationship isn't gonna work, it isn't gonna work. I'm not gonna put myself on the line because "she's the only woman for me" because that's horse shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was with a girl that wanted to be with me and I her I would make a pretty good effort to be with her. But you have to understand that no matter what people want life always likes to get in the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say if he knew you felt the same he would move whatever you wanted him to, but ONLY if he knew you would do the same! Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic though.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only thing that would hold me back is if she was really interested in me. Otherwise, mountain moving be damned. There's no point in putting in tons of effort and time if nothing good for me will result.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the girl can't cook and clean, that would hold me back. My last two girlfriend did nothing but buy restaraunt food becausecshe couldn't cook.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ya that is a bit of a deal breaker I mean you need to know how to clean and cook if you want to have a life and getting take out all the time is way to expensive and unhealthy.

• False.

I can move mountains, but if I find out she isn't into Batman comic books, deals off baby.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the guy has goals. School. Career. Hell it could be distance.

Another thing could be you work together, but he has pause because of how things could affect your work relationship.

Sometimes the timing isn't good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Plenty of stuff.

If she's bought herself a one-way plane ticket to go work abroad, then I'm not going to approach her if I know about it; even though she's incredibly beautiful and I felt insane attraction towards her (and this is from my own personal experience!)

Then the dude can be shy and/or introverted; and then he can be like me, which is that he prefers to only approach girls that have given him big, massive signals, regularly over a long period of time so he knows 110% that she wants him to approach.

So this belief, that all too many girls hold, is completely and utterly false

0|0
    0|0
  • False.

It is physically impossible for one person to move a mountain alone, and financially unreasonable to gather the materials to be able to do so.

2|1
    0|0
    • Unless your a billionaire lol of course then you could just fly over the mountain lol.

What Girls Said 4

• Before I got married, I was seeing a man for a year who didn't seem to want to commit, although would say he wanted me and us. He continued to lead me on, use me as his convenience, and all I was getting from him and this relationship was a "pattern" and a lot of heartache and anguish. Bottom line, I dumped him and married someone who wanted a future with me... If a guy really loves a girl and cares about her and their relationship and wants a "strings attached" relationship, he WILL move heaven and earth for her, no matter what it takes..and avoid hurting her while doing so. If he puts up any "red flags", dump him fast and move on to someone more worthy.

1|0
    1|1
  • No

Those are the words of an entitled, stuck up bitch.

Relationships take compromise and a woman who expects a man to move a mountain for her has issues she needs to work on.

0|2
    2|0
  • It's give and take

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah.

Life is more complicated than that. Also, most guys don't want to be with a girl who wants him to move mountains for her entertainment.

0|2
    0|0
    • Then he is not ready---or worth---any decent girl...a relationship calls for sacrifice--and time...

Recommended myTakes