Been together for 3 years but why won't my boyfriend tell me he loves me?

We've been together about 3 years now and we both have kids ofnour own and we live together. Well, just recently I told him I loved him. He didn't respond back tho just like stared at me. I was like okay. He then says "I wouldn't tell you if I did anyway" I didn't say anything back tho Because I felt stupid. Few weeks later I txt him and asked if he loved me and he responded back with "I don't feel comfortable answering that. I definitely care about you a lot. Don't wanna be without you." ... What the heck am I to make of that? Either youn love someone or you don't and if ya don't why the heck would you waste YEARS with them? I'm so confused and he won't talk about this kind of stuff. . In his words. " feelings are overrated"

I don't know if it makes a difference but his last relationship ended after almost 10 years on very bad terms in which his ex kept everything he owned, and kept his son from him for 3 years... also Italked to him about this situation. I bluntly asked if I was wasting my time and he said no and I was the sweetest girlfriend he's ever had and he wants me to be happy and he wants to be with me and he apologized he dodoesn't express how he feels in words like I want but he tries to show them.

154

Most Helpful Girl

• Sis, if that's you in the picture You're so pretty! Seriously and a mom too, he's so gonna regret you stepping outta his life but you've gotta step away from him. At least Until he can say the things your heart deserves or perhaps for ever. I am so sorry for the pain and sadness you might feel during this. It won't vanish quickly but it will ease. It's worse to remain in the relationship wondering when he'll say it or what you need to "fix" or "change" about yourself that will make him want to say it. If he can't say I love you after 3 years will you have to wait another 3 years for him to offer marriage? How old will your children be then? Are they growing up thinking his behavior is normal? Don't you tell them that you love them? They are watching and they probably wonder why he's not telling you he loves you if he's supposed to care & you all live together. Think about the message you send your children too. I know what it feels like to want a relationship to work despite ..The obvious. I pray your heart heals quickly & you find joy soon and a love you don't even have to ask for or wonder about. Now go get a hobby :)

• Yes that's really me in the picture. Thank you for the compliment.