We are friends, but I want more and she knows it. Decided it's best that I move on. Should I explain?

Should I explain it to her why I cannot be just friends and why, in the spirit of self preservation, I just need to stop talking/texting her, or should I just go away.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Explain or she will be wondering for months and blaming herself. I've been there

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Ask yourself if you were not attracted to her, would you still want to be friends. If yes, I suggest you don't cut her out completely. Decrease communication, and in time, your feelings may go away. then it's safe to be friends again. If not, at least explain it to her.

Speaking from personal experience, it hurt a lot when a guy I considered my friend would confess his feelings, then when I say I don't feel the same, disappear into thin air.

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda know exactly how you feel! Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's like a Catch-22 but I finally managed to cut this guy off cause things got messy with us long distance. I could not take the BS anymore, the ''friends'' game etc., and had to go cold turkey. Does she know at all how you feel?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes..ur gonna hurt her if you just leave. Tell her why.

0|0
    0|0
  • No need to explain

0|0
    1|1

What Guys Said 1

• You can just sort of wane off, if she asks why then tell her. Good call though.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes