Am I being irrational?

My boyfriend and I work together. I had to take my 15 min break before I left so he told me he would wait for me. After my break was over, I looked for him and I couldn't find him. I called and texted him with no response. I waited and looked around for another 10 min and decided to walk home which is about a 10 min walk. It's really icy outside so I fell and slipped twice. I get home and he's already there. I said, "I thought you were waiting for me" He said, "I did. I waited 15 min for your break, then walked around looking for you, couldn't find you so I left." I felt really upset because I thought it was rude. I was visibly upset and now he's acting mad at me for some reason. Thoughts?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him why he didn't try calling or texting you and why he didn't respond when you did.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Offering a solution is helpful rather than backtracking. It gets nothing accomplished just both people even more upset.

• I wouldn't be so sure they discussed anything of the sort, and that's exactly why I'm suggesting it. She mentioned that she "was visibly upset and now he's acting mad at [her] for some reason". These are signs that the both of them are not really communicating, just expecting the other to understand their actions.

Phone calls don't always go through? Seriously? Come on. If someone tries to call it should show up on your phone. He didn't try. Period.

• Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that if she's mad about something she should talk about it, and so should he. Your solution is only treating the symptoms. The real issue here is that they're not talking when they should. You're just giving them something to agree on so they can forget they had a problem in the first place, which means it'll just pop up again under new circumstances.