My ex wants to be friends but only until I move on...

He says he doesn't know what he wants, he knows he wants me in his life, and he thinks he just wants to be my friend. I asked him if he could handle not flirting and kissing, etc. and what he would do when I move on and find someone else. He said he'd quit talking to me. If he wants me in his life, why is he going to kick me out of it when I move on? It's like "I want you in my life but only if you never get over me" Help! And please don't just tell me to move on because I deserve better. I already know that!

It might help to know that when we've tried to be friends in the past, there have been "benefits". I saw some people think he doesn't want the sex but he definitely wants that to be included in our "friendship" haha

32

Most Helpful Guy

• He says he doesn't know what he wants, he knows he wants me in his life, and he THINKS he just wants to be my friend"

You are a convenience. He wants you in his life...But doesn't. He wants you there when he wants. He wants to have you around to have fun with (not sex). But still have the ability to test the waters with others. Then if that doesn't work...Guess who he turns to?

He is using you. And as long as you're available he will continue to use you. Once you find another relationship, you're no longer available at his every whim. So bye bye.

If he doesn't know how he wants you in his life right now he needs to shit or get off the pot. Grow up and make a decision. Either you're friends, lovers or nothing. A decision has to be made.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE