Should I drive to find my ex and apologise in person? Or is it a bad move?

Basically had my first boyfriend last year. We were really intense, it was like we had known each other forever. Then for some reason thing started to switch off. He started insulting me and putting me down all the time. He didn't seem to want me around as much and I felt his ex-girlfriend was in the picture a little too much. I asked him about our future, he kept avoiding the subject, until it culminated in a big crying session with him saying he didn't know what to do. He said he loved me still. I couldn't handle being with someone so unsure so I ended it.

He said he was devastated and missed me so much and begged me to stay friends. So I agreed because I loved and missed him too. 4 weeks later he got a new girlfriend. Was like a knife in my heart. I deleted him on Facebook. I text him a friendly text a month later and he ignored me. FYI he still talks to all his ex girlfriends except me. Even the one that cheated on him.

Thing is...I broke up with him over email and never saw him again. The guilt for the way I ended it haunts me still and its been six months. I've written countless draft emails to apologise to him for it. But now I am considering actually driving to his hometown an hour a way, going into his church where he plays in the band to find him and apologise in person. I feel as a Christian I should apologise to him.

Now am I being really stupid or will he think it gutsy of me to do this? Or just a bit creepy.

He is still with his new girlfriend and from what I've heard is happy.
Thank you for your help and advice everyone. I realize after writing this, it sounds pretty ridiculous and I won't be acting on it. Sometimes emotions gets the better of you. Wish you all well :)

43

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not missing much. I honestly wouldn't spend gas money on him when clearly he wants nothing to do with me. Apologizing will not generate the intended effect and it will make you look extremely pathetic. He will be phewing his head off once you make this huge embarrassing spectacle apologizing for something that you really have no reason to apologize. Things didn't work out period. He wasn't interested in more serious period. Stop feeling guilty period.