During your lunch break at work, do you bring your own food or do you eat out?

To those who have jobs, when you go on your lunch break do you eat food you brought with you or do you go to one of the local food places to order food?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• During my lunch break at school I either eat in the cafeteria or I go to one of the fast food places right next to campus. Parking is a bitch there so I wouldn't want to drive to someplace decent. We don't have fridge space in the school and I don't want to leave my food in the car or carry it around all day.

As for work, I work at a restaurant at nights so if it's not too busy I'll order something with my employee discount. If it is busy I'll just get something to drink and then cook when I get home.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 40

• Depends on if I cooked the night before, made a lunch before I left that morning, or what I have a taste for. I normally bring my own lunch. However, if I cooked something and it tastes like crap or I'm tired of eating it (leftovers), I'll go to Wendy's or McD's for something quick to eat. I also don't eat until I'm full either, I eat until I'm 70-80% full. Eating until full makes you lethargic, stretches out your stomach from the inside, and makes you lazy too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am trying to bring my own lunch but it just doesn't work out like I'd want it to.. the thing is in my work, we don't have a microwave. Neither in school. So most of the time I end up buying smth from the mall.

2|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I bring my own food (especially if I had a delicious diner the previous night) but sometimes I order food.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to buy food out but once in a while, I'd bring something from home. Nowadays though I think it's smarter with food costs rising to bring lunch from home.

0|0
    0|0
  • i only work an hour or two a day so ... I don't have an actual lunch break. if I did I would

make a my melody obento every morning, one for me and one for my sweetie :3

0|0
    0|0
  • At first, I used to bring my own lunch which was a sandwitch. But I realized that if you put a wrapped sandwitch in your bag, it gets kinda wet and gross :$ so now I just buy food from the foodcourt.

0|0
    0|0
    • that's why they have sandwich containers now. Plus it's all going in and out the same way lol

• When I was working I ate the food they had there. I would always get a bagel with cream cheese :) I worked at a baseball park. The worst job I've ever had!

0|0
    0|0
  • I work in a downtown area and a Dunkin' Donuts is practically next door. So, I eat out and when money is low, I normally pack a bag of baby carrots and some lemonade

0|0
    0|0
  • I make my lunch the night before or few hours before work or school. It's healthier for my body and healthier for my bank account.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get a 70% off food at my workplace. It's always very fresh with lots of variety so I just spend a couple bucks on that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually bring food from home. When I wake up too late in the morning or I forget to grab my lunch, I'll go out for lunch.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't eat, I feed on air and souls of dead infants.

0|1
    0|0
  • i would go out only to avoid being interrupted like really I don't wanna see a co worker when I'm eating id escape that hour

0|0
    0|0
    • you don't like your coworkers?

• yes and no. sometimes you just wanna have a solo moment you know or be on the phone without co workers around who I find are nosy sons of bitches I quit that job hahah I am a student only now.

• Bring my own food, but only cause it doesn't cost as much as eating out all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the time I take mine. It's healthier and more economical

0|0
    0|0
  • Food from home. It's too time consuming to go get food

0|0
    0|0
  • I bring my own food.

From time to time, I'll go out and get Chinese food.

0|0
    0|0
  • always eat out. I'm too lazy to cook and byt the time lunch comes my food is soggy or cold

0|0
    0|0
  • hee hee... eat out (snigger)

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually eat out, unless I cooked the day prior then I will bring my left overs :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm poor.. so I bring food from home

1|0
    0|0
  • I carry my own food :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a server so I eat at my job most times.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bring my own

0|0
    0|0
  • I do both but I prefer to bring my own lunch.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always brown bag it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Food from home ALWAYS. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I bring my own from home.

0|0
    0|0
  • I bring my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go out to eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 7

• When I worked in retail, I just grab something from the Subway or Pizza Hut. We had a discount so it wasn't too bad but it did add up, especially when you worked in the holidays working 15 hours shifts, 5+ days a week. I don't think I've ever brought lunch to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am very cautious with what I eat. I've had stomach problems in the past (and sometimes these days), I feel afraid of getting pain again. So I always bring my own food. I'm just not comfortable eating food at restaurants. Fast-food or regular restaurants. Doesn't matter. I have to cook or make my own food to feel comfortable eating it.

0|0
    0|0
  • usually I'll go to the cafe across the way (it's so good it has its own website!), sometimes I'll drive around and get something. Sometimes I'll bring a lunch, depending on if I have leftovers/gotta save finances.

I'll just say this is a typical 2-week window.

week one - eat at cafe 4 times, eat out one time

week 2 - eat at cafe 2 times, bring lunch 3 times

something like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. Sometimes I'll bring a cheap frozen lunch. That's usually later on in the 2 week stretch between checks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to eat out no more than once a week, but often it's twice a week. Bring my lunch otherwise.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either eat out or pop home for lunch. I don't seem to be organised enough to take lunch in with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if there's a hot chick, I'll eat her out...JK

ABOUT 50/50, depends how much energy I have the night before/that morning

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes