What's our relati status?

We met in October, first date was coffee I saw him the next time and we went out and cooked at his place and watched a movie after. We have had sex - we are both scorpios and very sexual and have great sex together.. Since our first date we have just had movie nights and sometimes go to breakfast together the morning after, he's a plastic surgeon and busy so I don't get to see him as often as I like. In 2 months I think we saw each other 8 times.. Whenever I come over we watch a movie or TV show and have icecream and then after when we're ready to go to bed we have sex .. Sometimes we just go to bed after because he's tired , once I was on my period and was nervous he would be upset I didn't tell him but he completely understanded and we went to bed. If he has to go to work and I'm still in bed he trusts me to stay and leave whenever I'm ready. Here are the parts that make me doubt it.. One we don't see each other often, I know he's focused on his work but I know sometimes he chooses going out with his friends when he's off instead if he liked me, he also is very short with his texting but he is older than me and maybe it's not normal for him naturally ... I'm currently traveling abroad , the day I left he gave me a shirt sprayed with his cologne and the week before he gave me a late bday gift since he was out of town on my actual birthday .. He got me a scarf from his favorite designer. He has points where he shows he cares but I just feel Like he would be more involved .. He hasn't texted me while I've been away but anytime I text he replies.. We are both scorpios like I said and I'm worried we are both trying to be the least involved to prevent heart ache.. I've been away for a month and texted him how he was and he replied and asked how my trip was going and when I would be back when I said in a month ( we will be away for two months) he replied and kept the conversation going .. But now I haven't talked to him in a few days and expecting not to again until I land .. Does this seem like he wants a relationship and cares about me just not good at showing it? We will also miss Valentine's but I don't think I will text him because I'm not really sure what we are.. Before I left he referred to us as seeing each other in conversation and when I was at the airport he texted me that he was sorry he's been so busy and frustrated and work is tough ... What should I expect when I go back ,how does he think of me / the relationship ?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Well good thing you're both Scorpios, or else the whole thing would be completely screwed. You guys should both thank your parents for having sex roughly the same time of the year.

Anyways... That actually seems like a fairly healthy relationship. He is very busy. He is also a grown man with his own life. So he's going to make time for himself and his friends as well as make time for you. He seems like he cares.

Now onto the cautions. Be very careful about treating this as one of those 'love of your life omg going to get married and have ALL THE BABIES!' situations. Play it casually and try not to get too invested into the relationship. If he wants to take things further, and you do too, that's fine. But be aware that this may not happen soon.

Once we hit around 25 or so, we realize the importance of actually sitting down and talking about the status of our relationship(some younger some later, please don't blast me in the comments going I KNEW THAT WHEN I WAS 4! I don't care, and this isn't about you). If he hasn't said he's exclusive, don't just assume him to be. He shouldn't assume the same of you either.

TLDR: You sound like you have a very healthy but very casual relationship. You should sit down with him at some point to figure out expectations and where the relationship stands.

• Hrm... When I said "This isn't about you," I was referring to anyone besides the Question Asker who might feel compelled to comment.