Do you tell your parents everything?

Do you guys and girls tell your mom or dad everything going on about your boyfriend or girlfriend?. Lets say you breakup & had a fight do you tell them that?. I heard most people don't want to talk about their relationship with parents especially if there are problems. I'm very close with my mom & we talk about everything & sex.etc. I'm a virgin so it doesn't matter. But in the past I really loved my ex boyfriend and we were having problems during the breakup and there was confusion. I wasn't fair but neither was he. So yea he was acting disrespectful and ignoring me a lot when I tried working things out. So everytime I tried to move on he was either playing me or really missed me and wanted me back. My parents were so angry and they didn't want me to date him again,etc because he will hurt me again. But now I feel like they are trying to control me because couples have fights but don't want to give up. it should be up to you when to give up and not parents right?. So now from learning how much hard time they gave me too from worrying too much I'm not going to share so many details with them anymore not even mom. What if me & my future boyfriend are going through a hard time? they will judge me and say breakup with him for good,move on,etc, don't get back with him and you want too . that's not fair. I'm 25 years old. yes I live with them but trust me I felt like running from home a lot before from the stress. they saw the pain I was in. They could have said its up to you what you decide. would you tell your mom everything?lol.

thank you all in advance.
  • Yes
  • No

178

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's put it this way. My parents didn't know I had a boyfriend in high school until another parent came up to my mom at a football game and said, "It's a shame Alex and Peter broke up, isn't it?" They had no idea.

My parents know about my relationship with my current boyfriend but not about what happens in it. It's really none of their business. My mom has tried to pry and I don't give her an inch. She's like, "So, you and Jason have been together for a while...is it serious?" And I always say, "Well, I suppose since it has lasted this long..."

And then she'll be like, "Have you talked about the future?"

And I respond with, "It's kind of a one day at a time thing."

But in reality we've basically planned out our entire life.

So no. I don't tell them about my relationship. My dad and I have a don't ask don't tell kind of relationship (even though my boyfriend and I don't do anything bad) and my mom never really played a nurturing mother kind of role in my childhood so we never had that bond. She never was a person I felt I could go to with problems and not be judged so I don't go to her with them now as an adult.

That's not to say I'm not close with my parents. We just don't discuss relationships. We all know that we'd all get equally uncomfortable if we sat in a circle and let the feelings come out haha.