Have you stayed in your hometown because of family?

Instead of moving elsewhere and starting fresh, are you still in your hometown because you don't want to move away friends and family?

Updates:
If you are, what would make you leave?

If you already left, what would have been the ONE thing to keep you around?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm still living in my hometown because of college. My hometown college has a really good engineering program, I'd prefer to graduate with a degree and then move elsewhere. Whereas if I moved out of state, I'd have to pay extra tuition, I wouldn't have friends, I wouldn't have family to hook me up with food, etc. I think it would be very difficult.

0|1
    0|0
    • I understand everything. The part about food made me lol.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• sort off.. I live in NYC which is 30min from where I grew up and most of my family... A lot of my friends live in NYC and in the area I live.. I have actually always wanted to live in Cali... I love it there and am just happier it the environment... But happiness is also from the company you keep so I've stayed in NY

0|0
    0|0
  • Family...

No.

Friends.. to a point.

I spent 9-22 living most of my life in a small village, north of a small town.

I am currently living in a biggish city.. but it's still like, 30-45 min from where I grew up...

I've thought a lot about moving back to where I was born.. or maybe out to Vancouver.. but.. I'm scared of getting there and not having decent living/working conditions.. or being alone..

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never stay because of family.

In fact I'm looking to leave this continent and I might be able to this year. None of my friends or family are the type that would want me to stay because of them - they're actually encouraging me to go out and find whatever it is I'm looking for, wherever that may be. I'm grateful for that but it might also have much to do with the fact that I moved out when I was still in my teens.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm still living in my hometown but it's a huge city with lots of opportunity for me and my future family. I doubt that I will be relocating somewhere else.

What would make me leave if I had to do so? Probably if I was offered a very good job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I've moved back with my parents after college. WORST F*CKING DECISION OF MY LIFE! What's keeping me here is that I don't have a $45/hr job that can transfer somewhere like Cali and I'm saving up for my own car instead of using my family's car. Plus I'd need a home to be able to leave. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is going to keep me around once I leave. I'll come back to visit but I'm never moving back! Same with friends. I'll come back to visit. I would've said only thing that'd keep me around is if I'm dating someone but EFF that! I'm not trying to stay in this sh*thole any longer. You can come with me if you want, if not, well it was nice knowing you. Maybe we'll meet again in the future but deuces! I love me over anything else.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm from California, and it's always funny to hear you guys on the east coast call it "Cali."

0|0
    0|0
  • :( Oh boy I am so moved around. I don't have a home town. God I wish there was some place that felt like home

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I love my family and we're pretty close but if I had the opportunity to move someplace else, I would. For one, my immediate family is all moving away pretty soon. Sister will be moving out of state for college after high school next year, brother will be joining the USAF, my dad will be moving back to where he grew up in another state once myself and my brother move out and my mother and her fiancee will be moving to the other side of the country once my sister graduates. Pretty much, if I stayed, it would just be me. And I don't have any friends. So yeah, I'm just waiting for the right time to finally be able to move out on my own and start fresh in a place that I love and where I can find love.

0|0
    0|0
  • i am leaving town BECAUSE of family.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes