How can I get my mind off my ex?

my girlfriend of almost 3 years just broke up with me 3 weeks ago because she said that she wasn't feeling it anymore and thought that it was best if we broke up. its been three weeks since we broke up, I haven't contacted her in any way but I can't get the thought of her off my mind, no matter what I do a small part of me is thinking about her. She basically told me that she just wanted to be single and have fun, which really hurt. all of my good friends go to different colleges than me and I normally would have her to talk to but now I don't and I just feel so alone. I know that I deserve better and need to move on and find someone who actually appreciates and wants me, and that unless she changes it can't work between us, but its still so hard to forget about her. any advice on what I could to do help me feel better?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• at least she was honest and didn't date anyone behind your back I guess.

try to focus on the positives, sorry for your loss. Some days I feel alone as well but I broke it off with my guy-due to harrassment.

obviously it's good to go out there, make some new friends, keep your mind busy.

I'm keeping myself busy, school, work, volunteering, talking to other guys, but I haven't dated. I'm not ready yet.

so my advice is go at your own pace, keep a journal, get an emotional outlet going, do counselling if it helps, hit the gym. try to keep everything positive and I'm sure you won't be sad for much longer. best of luck.