Do you laugh if your ex is still single and your not?

Hi everyone,basically I'm 5 months into a breakup from a cheating partner. I promised myself I wouldn't rebound or get with another girl until I got over my ex and the relationship. However since the split my ex is now onto her 2nd boyfriend and is constantly rubbing my face in it. It's unavoidable as we share a child and as such need to contact each other. This is when she tells me how happy she is and how great her boyfriend is.

Now I've rose above it and never took the bait. however I now feel ready to date someone but I'm having no luck getting a date.

I've updated my wardrobe to clothes I feel attractive in, I work out relentlessly and have a body that I like, and I've also learnt the lessons of the failed relationship and feel like a smarter more attractive person on the whole. I'm also aside from the date problem happy and grateful for the things I've got in my life. The problem is I can't help feeling like my ex is laughing at me because she has someone and I'm struggling to get a date let alone a steady relationship. I know my time will come but what do I do to fight that awful mental image I have of her laughing at my predicament?

74

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah she sounds so happy she has had 2 boyfriends in the space of 5 months. Blimey she must be really searching these out and just taking whatever she can get, because no one can find someone they seriously like that quickly.

I have often thought the same as you. I broke up with my ex because he was treating me badly, but still loved him. He said he was devastated and loved me so much and I was thinking of giving things another go. 4 weeks later he had a new girlfriend whom he must have looked for on the internet because he never went out anywhere and took the first thing he could get. They went on a holiday to Paris. He put pictures of them both up on Facebook to rub it in my face and started posting statuses like "little victories" and "I always win". As if he was laughing at me because I lost out.

Instead of playing his silly games, I just deleted him, so he couldn't have the satisfaction. Obviously it is not so easy in your case because you have a child. But anyone who has to rub it in your face is clearly a knob. They don't care about feelings.

• Thanks for the answer, your ex sounds worse than mine, as if he said things like little victories! Makes you wonder how people like that attracts partners lol