Do you laugh if your ex is still single and your not?

Hi everyone,basically I'm 5 months into a breakup from a cheating partner. I promised myself I wouldn't rebound or get with another girl until I got over my ex and the relationship. However since the split my ex is now onto her 2nd boyfriend and is constantly rubbing my face in it. It's unavoidable as we share a child and as such need to contact each other. This is when she tells me how happy she is and how great her boyfriend is.

Now I've rose above it and never took the bait. however I now feel ready to date someone but I'm having no luck getting a date.

I've updated my wardrobe to clothes I feel attractive in, I work out relentlessly and have a body that I like, and I've also learnt the lessons of the failed relationship and feel like a smarter more attractive person on the whole. I'm also aside from the date problem happy and grateful for the things I've got in my life. The problem is I can't help feeling like my ex is laughing at me because she has someone and I'm struggling to get a date let alone a steady relationship. I know my time will come but what do I do to fight that awful mental image I have of her laughing at my predicament?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah she sounds so happy she has had 2 boyfriends in the space of 5 months. Blimey she must be really searching these out and just taking whatever she can get, because no one can find someone they seriously like that quickly.

I have often thought the same as you. I broke up with my ex because he was treating me badly, but still loved him. He said he was devastated and loved me so much and I was thinking of giving things another go. 4 weeks later he had a new girlfriend whom he must have looked for on the internet because he never went out anywhere and took the first thing he could get. They went on a holiday to Paris. He put pictures of them both up on Facebook to rub it in my face and started posting statuses like "little victories" and "I always win". As if he was laughing at me because I lost out.

Instead of playing his silly games, I just deleted him, so he couldn't have the satisfaction. Obviously it is not so easy in your case because you have a child. But anyone who has to rub it in your face is clearly a knob. They don't care about feelings.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the answer, your ex sounds worse than mine, as if he said things like little victories! Makes you wonder how people like that attracts partners lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I think that the fact that you are still kind of waiting for the right person is the smartest choice you can make in this situation. You two are tied together in the way that you have a child, and that child is going to be a big part of the both of your lives, it's kind of not about her or you as much as the kid. I think that you're being a responsible person as well because if she's dating all of these other people and rubbing it in your face that's not a good example on her part and shows that she might not be mature enough yet. Gloating to you that she's dating other guys isn't mature.

You said it above, your time will come. You're going to meet someone that's much better, someone who won't be a cheater, and will love you and want to take care of you. That negative mental image doesn't belong in your head anymore, your ex though a part of your life shouldn't make you nervous about dating someone else. You have much to offer to someone that deserves it and you. So, project the image of yourself that you want others to see, and BE that image, push aside the doubts and smile, just smile.

As someone wise once told me, "Count the stars in the sky."

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because I don't spend time thinking about my ex boyfriends.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have the same problem with my ex, and on a personal level, they will always laugh or have immature friends to laugh. I said the word 'immature' , yes.

Instead of being classy or mature or considerate, she rubs this fact in your face.

that's really sad of her, as if she still is lacking validation. if her boyfriend is so great, then she would not have to show off or be begging for attention like that.

I've done yoga, meditation, worked out, work, stayed busy, go shopping. hang out with good people, I try my best to not even think of my ex. I have been happier. You should be happy you're rid of a catastrophe and keep positive. it takes time.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're caught up in trying to out do her on impress her, you're not over her.

Get over her or tell her you still want her.

0|1
    0|0
  • i am in the same shoe as you. at times I feel bad, escpeially guys who offer me FWB because I am a single mom. some have even told me what can I get with my situation? lol...but I am hopeful.

he of course has someone and often push kids to me on weekends..the hurt and resentment is tremendous, but I only look forward...

what she is doing is extremely immature. just take care of yourself and move on.

0|1
    0|0
    • Wow that's similar to me! I have my son every weekend so struggle to get a Saturday date and yes the resentment is insane. But your absolutely right the best thing to do is take of myself move on and look forward.

• Show All
    • you are a decent guy...you can still love him every other weekend. or however you make the arrangement.

i miss my kids but, I learned to be independent w/o them. they were all mine for a few years till recently...

i believe, things happen for a reason.

• Aw thank you, you sound lovely yourself. Your right things happen for a reason I guess we'll both get our time.

• She can't be doing that good if she's on her second boyfriend in 5 months? You don't call that a steady relationship sounds more like casual sex to me.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I sort of understand where your coming from. But does it REALLY matter?

She's just being a small child rubbing it in your face. Asif it makes her better.

You say that you feel attractive and have a body you like. Will the fact that she has a partner now take that away from you?

Be proud of yourself and don't let superficiality get to you. You know your a great person with or without someone by your side.

0|1
    0|0
  • It looks more that she is way more desperate than you.

2|1
    0|0
  • Also you are the happier person of the two of you.

0|1
    0|0
  • No that's childish and lame.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes