"The one that got away"... do you have one of those in your past? If so, what caused the relationship to end?

Have you tried to reach out to reconcile? Perhaps accepted it and moved on? Or is there still a lingering affect that wishes you could have made things work?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• yea, it ended because of silly fights and little misunderstanding plus a couple of other problems all happening at once.

both parties were stressed out and frustrated and took it out on each other..

He was so mad at me he found comfort in another girl a couple of days after we broke up (we were together for just over 3 years). This of course hurt me so much, I tried to move on but I couldn't. I begged him to work things out, I believed we could've sort things out as we've been through so much already and tougher problems but we got through it together however this time his pride and ego got on the way.

I told myself I'll give him a month to get back with me, if not then I'll take it as a sign and move on. A week before the end of the deadline I gave myself, an old flame reconnected with me. It was all innocent from my end but I know that the guy was interested however I was still hoping that my ex would get back to me. The day of the deadline came and the new guy asked me out, didn't hear from my ex so I thought I'd give the other guy a chance since my ex has been seeing another girl already and have replaced me just after a couple of days but then midnight after deadline he message me telling me he wants to get back together.

He admitted that he only used her to get to me, that we should carry on with out plans to look for a place to move out together, even asked me to marry him. But this time it was too late as I didn't want to hurt the guy I'm with.

However after 2 years I ended up breaking up with the guy because I felt it was unfair to stay with him whilst I still have feelings for my ex. Although I love and care for him, its just not the same as my feelings for my ex.

To this day I still love my ex and still feel like we were meant to be but now he's married and have a kid. I regret not waiting for a couple more hours, but I've accepted that he's now a family man and I respect that. Sometimes I do wonder though if I ever cross his mind. But As long as he's happy, I just really want him to be happy.