If a guy cheats on his girlfriend, is there any chance he actually has feelings for the girl he cheated with?

so I hooked up (not sex) with my best guy friend who has a girlfriend. he has been with his girlfriend for 2.5 years and has never cheated on her before, but he admitted that he has considered asking me to hook up in the past. is there any chance at all that he actually has feelings for me or is that just wishful thinking?

• Yes, there's a chance
  • No way, there's no chance
most of these answers were actually quite respectful. for everyone else, yes I know I did something wrong and I don't need people trying to tell me why it's wrong, I never tried to say it was right. but I think it's actually kind of sad that those of you who are being harsh are basically saying its all my fault. it's so unfair, especially when you literally don't know anything about the situation. I know I deserve to be blamed but why doesn't he?

86

Most Helpful Guy

• Aaaannnd my faith in humanity has died just a little bit more today.

• you base your faith in humanity on ANONYMOUS STRANGERS on the internet? do you even know how rarely you will be pleasantly surprised by an ANONYMOUS stranger? not to mention you're basing your entire judgment of me as a person on the fact that I made out with my best friend who happens to be in a relationship and that I'm hoping he might actually like me.

• and it happened to be because I really like him and have liked him on and off since before he and his girlfriend were together. not an excuse at all, just an elaboration

• @update

He deserves to be blamed too. He's an idiot also. But he's not here right now asking the question so I don't have the opportunity to yell at him.