If a guy cheats on his girlfriend, is there any chance he actually has feelings for the girl he cheated with?

so I hooked up (not sex) with my best guy friend who has a girlfriend. he has been with his girlfriend for 2.5 years and has never cheated on her before, but he admitted that he has considered asking me to hook up in the past. is there any chance at all that he actually has feelings for me or is that just wishful thinking?

• Yes, there's a chance
    Vote A
  • No way, there's no chance
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
most of these answers were actually quite respectful. for everyone else, yes I know I did something wrong and I don't need people trying to tell me why it's wrong, I never tried to say it was right. but I think it's actually kind of sad that those of you who are being harsh are basically saying its all my fault. it's so unfair, especially when you literally don't know anything about the situation. I know I deserve to be blamed but why doesn't he?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Aaaannnd my faith in humanity has died just a little bit more today.

3|0
    0|1
    • you base your faith in humanity on ANONYMOUS STRANGERS on the internet? do you even know how rarely you will be pleasantly surprised by an ANONYMOUS stranger? not to mention you're basing your entire judgment of me as a person on the fact that I made out with my best friend who happens to be in a relationship and that I'm hoping he might actually like me.

• Show All
    • and it happened to be because I really like him and have liked him on and off since before he and his girlfriend were together. not an excuse at all, just an elaboration

• @update

He deserves to be blamed too. He's an idiot also. But he's not here right now asking the question so I don't have the opportunity to yell at him.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• He just wants sex with another girl. Enjoy the friendship, but until he breaks up with her, all he wants is sex. If that is OK with you, then go for it. If not wait until he breaks up with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're dumb

4|1
    0|0
    • eh there are a lot of things that I am, I'm not sure if I would necessarily agree that I'm dumb though. I mean, a year ago I probably would have said the same thing to someone in my position though so I respect your opinion.

• Bold. Lol

• What does hooked up (not sex) mean?

0|0
    0|0
    • that we hooked up but didn't actually have sex. what else would it mean? people automatically assume when you hook up with someone you had sex with them, but we didn't go that far. I think it is perfectly clear, I'm not sure where you're finding the confusion.

• Show All
    • we were kind of friends for about a year and a half before then too. we just didn't get close until about 2 years ago. I've had feelings for him on and off since a before he and his girlfriend got together. I can't tell if he likes me. he claimed he was just horny but if that was the case, wouldn't he have wanted to actually have sex so he could finish? wouldn't that have been the point? and wouldn't he have gotten with other girls in the past, especially when his girlfriend was abroad last spring?

• Clearly the line you guys have between friends and something else is blurred.

To your questions, I believe (without knowing all the facts) it wasn't just because he was horny. It's got a bit to do with you being you. Now, probably not nearly as much as you'd like to believe. Chances are you are way more into him than he is into you. What's the end game for you? You are better off leaving this alone while he's in this relationship for the sake of your friendship.

• Of course, there's a chance, maybe not a big one, but definitely a chance. The reason people are answering 'no' to this poll is probably that they disapprove of your behaviour.

0|0
    0|0
  • real answer is that it doesn't mean anything either way. he has been friends with you for a long time, no offense but as a guy we don't keep girls as friends long term unless they offer something that makes us want to stay around. something could be sex but doesn't have to be...

if he has been friends with you for a long time, then he likely has some emotional feelings for you. it may or may not be 'love' but he does have a 'closeness emotion' for you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• she's been his girlfriend for 2.5 years. that's not a fling. you are. you are the mistake he'll agonize over and cry over when he loses the best thing in his life: HER. Think about that. he won't "like" you, he won't thank you, he'll hate himself for doing anything with you in the first place. you will be the biggest mistake of his life (assuming he's not a horrible serial cheater). the fact that you live with him and want him to "pick you" is sad and pathetic. karma is a bitch and you are too.

0|0
    0|0
    • i mean that wasn't exactly an answer to my question but it actually is quite amusing. idk, somehow it made me laugh.

• Show All
    • also yes I did kiss him, but I didn't kiss him first. I know I was still wrong but he did make the first move.

• if he was here, I would blame him too. You're looking for advice, not him.

• It's possible that he has feelings for you but he might do the same thing to you if he find somebody better than you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Seriously you need a reality check because you aren't living in reality right now.

1|0
    0|0
  • No

1|0
    0|1
  • I think it is very possible he has some feelings for you. The only thing I wonder is if the feelings he does have are feelings that could grow and strengthen in a committed relationship.

0|1
    1|0
  • Wishful thinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure he does. But you have to understand that if he does it with ya (cheat on his girl), then he WILL do it to ya, you OK with that?

0|0
    1|2
  • lust, he is bored of his girlfriend. Doesnt mean at all that he has the kind of feelings you want him to have for you.

2|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes