Breaking up with a sensitive guy?

Me and this guy have been dating for a bit, and he thinks we're 'deeply in love', even though he avoids me lots and never replies to my texts, calls me, etc. He told me that he is very sensitive, and would die if we broke up. I have been wanting to break up with him for about 3 weeks but after he said that, I can't think of a way to do it that won't shatter his heart. He is a very kind person. Is there a way that I can break up with him that will keep him from getting as devastated as he said he would be?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• just dump him I guarantee he won't die, its emotional manipulation to make someone stay in a relationship theyre not truly happy with. I had an ex who said he would kill himself out of misery if I ever left him and I just told him to do it then and shut up about it, he never killed himself, he moved on after a week to a new girl and didn't bat an eyelid over our break up. I have no sympathy for people who say that even if they mean it, if a 1-2 year long girlfriend/boyfriend means that much to you that you can't bear the thought of life ever again you have a problem, theyd get over it in a year at most and then live a normal happy life again with someone new no need to be melodramatic and end your life over temporary unhappiness

if he avoids you lots and never replies to your text anyway he can't be that in love with you, maybe he's just keeping you while checking out or speaking to other girls so that you won't go off and get a new boyfriend until he's done deciding.

the kid is under 18, he's going to know he won't stay with you forever. best to break up with him without taking his crap so he doesn't start using it as a fall back tactic in future relationships with other girls