How to deal with your ex having a new girlfriend?

yeah... so my ex of a year just told me he has a new girlfriend. I have a new boyfriend already I had ended my relationship with my ex because I just didn't feel the same way about him and no matter how much we tried to fix it I wasn't in love anymore I just loved him. I've been having problems with my current boyfriend and have been thinking a lot about my ex... now I just don't know how to deal with his new relationship. it just feels like I've been replaced like he doesn't love me anymore (we're kept up a friendship) but I don't think I can be friends with him if he has a new girl. what do I do?

What Guys Said 1

• Well you are just exes now. You have decided to remain friends with him, but now you see him with a new girl, you don't want to be friends anymore.

But you have a new boyfriend too. You could stay friends with him despite that fact.

Does that mean you were secretely expecting something ?

Anyway, it's just life. Thinking about your ex when your new relationship doesn't work is quite common (who never had those thoughts) but at the same time, it's not healthy nor fair to reproach him to have moved on.

So if you aren't happy with the guy you're with now, break up and move on. Your ex has nothing to do with your relationship.

• ok thank you... I know I keep thinking like maybe I made a mistake... but I gotta realize that even though I did love him and he was a great guy I wouldn't have fallen in love with someone else if I had really been in love with my ex. I met my new boyfriend around the same time I broke up with my ex

• Mechanisms of love are quite difficult to grasp. Maybe you felt more than you should have felt for the new guy, because you wanted to believe that falling in love would happen after realising it wasn't the case with your ex. That's why, sometimes, we just have rebounds and it takes time to understand it. Anyway, again, your ex has nothing to do with that.

What Girls Said 0