What does maybe means from an ex bf?

What does "maybe" means from an ex boyfriend whom I invited over to havr dinner after breaking up 4 months ago? I've tried to win him back a couple of times but rejected me. I didn't contact him for a few weeks and tried again and this time he said "maybe". Did he miss me after all or am I juat facing another rejection again? I'm crazy about him.
I invited him for tomorrow and I haven't talk to him since I asked him last week. I don't want to force the issue besides, he told me he will let me know. Should I just wait or send him a text about it?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• With my experience with obstinate men, his "maybe" now may mean "Let's see what happens."

He most likely does miss you but is too proud to admit it. Go slow with him, allowing him to eat out of your hand like a little sparrow. Being you have been apart for four months, he may feel some sort of pent up hostility, but of course, I don't know the whole story here, so cannot be sure. Also, could be playing hard to get.

Feel him out for a while longer, and when you think he is finally "nibbling," ask him again to---"break bread" with you. Good luck, sweetie.xx

• I have a husband out in Egypt, who can be very bull headed, and yes, we have broken up several times, but always end up going back. Whenever I have asked him about something dealing with our relationship, he would stubbornly say: "I don't know, maybe.." He always caves in, and it's back to business as usual. Only you know what his heart may still feel, and what your own situation is, as to why you broke up.

• it doesn't work like that. he is eating out of another hand.. THERE IS NO FAIRTALE .sorry

• Saw your update--With my experience with "bull heads," and I know, he is having his OWN personal issues---"forgiving and forgetting." He is holding his own grudge, his own vendetta. If you haven't heard by TONITE, by the end of the evening, when it's time to "lay me down to sleep"(Idinner?)then take it he is sulking, making you suffer in his silence, needs more time", blah, blah.., let him go for now..If he gets this change of heart "later", it would then be your choice to "forgive and forget."