If a girl says she's not interested in a serious relationship she means...?

We dated for 4 months. It ended. I asked later what really

happened and she said she got out of a relationship a while ago and she didn't want a serious relationship. I tried to show through my actions that I liked her but still wanted to have out on lives and what not but she said she still needed more time, whatever that means in this situation.

Was this just her way of saying she didn't want to be part of my life any more? I'm under the assumption it is and I probably won't see or talk to her again in my life

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In situations like these, it's easy to assume the worst. Like, why was I ready to be serious with her, but she wasn't with me? It must be because she doesn't like me. Yeah, that is a possibility, but it's also a possibility that she really does need more time before she is ready for a serious relationship. Everyone deals with breakups and broken hearts in a different way, and sometimes some people just need to realize who they are and what they want in a serious relationship, and when, before they can actually have it. I've been in the situation where I just wasn't ready for a serious relationship, and I just needed time away from the guy, just to come to grips with my feelings.

You're probably wondering why she wouldn't want anything to do with you if she simply wasn't ready for anything serious. Sometimes, once you get to know a person, and begin to really like them (which she may have after 4 months of dating you), your feelings get in the way, and you only see that person for how you feel about them. She may just want to casually date guys that don't really mean anything to her right now, but how can she do that if she's still in contact with someone who she may see having a future with?

Unfortunately, all you can do is give her space, and time will tell. Sometimes it takes time being apart to realize that you really care for each other. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• She was being totally honest with you when she told you of her past relationship and didn't want to start "a new". The only thing you can do right now, is just be her friend and give her room. But how long it may take her to get over the past and move on to the future, is anyone's guess, sweetie. This "I need more time,' line, is a "reality check" to let others know "they are politely blowing them off", or at least for the moment. Guys, too, use this familiar formality when they want the "no strings attached" deal.

I don't know your whole story as to when or how often you see her, but whether it is for five minutes a day or five minutes a month, keep it cool right now, be a friend, but move on, in the meantime, and find someone who--"has more time."xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I know that rejection hurts but at least she was honest with you. In a way she did you a favor because if you were to date her and she's still thinking about someone else it wouldn't be fair to you, she would probably rather be able to love someone clearly without the after thought of someone else, that def. wouldn't be fair to you. Let her take time to figure herself out and in the meantime go out on dates with other girls because she isn't ready and you shouldn't wait, so don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Respect her needs and move on to someone who wants what you want.

0|0
    0|0

• If a girl says she's not interested in a serious relationship she means... she's really noy interested in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yah she isn't into you

0|0
    0|0
  • She means she's not interested in a serious relationship right now (with you). She dated you for 4 months to try it out, and it's just not what she wants. When the right guy comes along, all of a sudden she'll 'be ready'.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's what I thought. I don't understand why girls and I stress girls because a woman should be able to tell a man that she's just not interested in him instead of decorating with word play.

• Show All
    • Excellent way to look at things. I'm pretty much over her but you know how hard it is when you're the one being rejected, no matter how long it's been

• Yea rejection sucks for sure. There should also be some comfort in knowing that she's not the right person for you, if she rejected you (not JUST that you aren't the right person for her). Her rejection is not a reflection of you, or how worthy you are, it's all about her. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds just like this girl I was dating too ... I'm sorry to say this but DON'T deal with girls like this, they aren't worth are energy and time.

Move on, because there are special girls out there who'll be with you in a serious relationship.

You see, as soon as you give up on her her true colours will show and you'll ask yourself why you even bothered with such a bitch.

The girl I was dating turned out to be manipulative and I can't give 2 shits about her any more.

0|0
    0|0
  • She has just gotten done spending her time, energy, emotions and heart with another man. Maybe it got deep. Women crave a deep connection with someone they love. Now, she is burned out, and tired. All she sees is some guy (you) trying to start it up all over again.

It doesn't seem to me like you are willing to fully invest the time and care to get to know her. And guess what- she knows that. So it kinda turns her off. She doesn't want to do this all over again.

You can go gangbusters and pursue her with all of your heart, and soul, until she realizes that you really, really love her, which could take years, or you can realize that even though you like her, she does not like you.

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't explain well enough. She knows I care about her a lot. But I just tried to show I was willing to take a step back if that's what she needed. it's at the point that she would need to come back to me. Anything more that I do will just come off as being desperate.

• If she doesn't see the qualities in you she feels she needs to see, then there's not really much you can do, save pursuing her relentlessly, and even that may not work.

• She either doesn't want to date you at all, or wants to date you but wants to be able to date other people at the same time.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes