If a girl says she's not interested in a serious relationship she means...?

We dated for 4 months. It ended. I asked later what really

happened and she said she got out of a relationship a while ago and she didn't want a serious relationship. I tried to show through my actions that I liked her but still wanted to have out on lives and what not but she said she still needed more time, whatever that means in this situation.

Was this just her way of saying she didn't want to be part of my life any more? I'm under the assumption it is and I probably won't see or talk to her again in my life

73

Most Helpful Girl

• In situations like these, it's easy to assume the worst. Like, why was I ready to be serious with her, but she wasn't with me? It must be because she doesn't like me. Yeah, that is a possibility, but it's also a possibility that she really does need more time before she is ready for a serious relationship. Everyone deals with breakups and broken hearts in a different way, and sometimes some people just need to realize who they are and what they want in a serious relationship, and when, before they can actually have it. I've been in the situation where I just wasn't ready for a serious relationship, and I just needed time away from the guy, just to come to grips with my feelings.

You're probably wondering why she wouldn't want anything to do with you if she simply wasn't ready for anything serious. Sometimes, once you get to know a person, and begin to really like them (which she may have after 4 months of dating you), your feelings get in the way, and you only see that person for how you feel about them. She may just want to casually date guys that don't really mean anything to her right now, but how can she do that if she's still in contact with someone who she may see having a future with?

Unfortunately, all you can do is give her space, and time will tell. Sometimes it takes time being apart to realize that you really care for each other. Good luck!