Mistake or Cheater? Need male point of view

Shortly after moving in with my boyfrind of a few months (he pushed the idea, our relationship had no problems), we began bickering and then I caught him replying to personals ads on the Internet. His excuse: my nagging made him no longer interested in being with me. This made him "realize" how much he really loves me. A month later I emailed him pretending to be a person who had posted an ad, sent 2 pics and he planned to meet with them the next day. Well I show up, later on he broke down saying he's a dog and an idiot, it had nothing to do with me because I'm "wonderful",it was an opportunity that never happens, and he understands if I choose to leave but he asked me to move on with him. The situation makes no sense to me because we're both very fit and attractive. I don't know if he truly made a mistake or if he is just a cheater.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• His intent was to cheat. He has cheating tendencies. And he's still a new boyfriend to you, so unless you want to worry about him being unfaithful for the rest of your life, I would suggest moving on.

• This happened 3-4 months ago, so now we've been together for about a year. I'm giving it another chance because everything else is so great it would be a shame to throw away. However I feel he threw it away when he made that choice. I don't think he expected to ever get caught. So if anything will cover his tracks better now. This seems simple on the outside...but it's not easy