Can you get over someone and still be friends?

im trying to get over a guy that cheated on me. we have many of the same friends who I want to go out with this weekend. I want to stay his friend just nothing more then friendship can I go out and not have feelings for him

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, you're going to have feelings good or bad, but you will still have feelings.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Why the hell do you want to even stay his friend. Just grab your friends and go, be completely separate from him. He's a cheater, scum.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be friends with someone who cheated on me and hasn't apologized.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• The way I see it, if it is where you both have the same friends and have no choice but to all hang out, because after all, hard to pick and choose in some events,unless it happens to end up like that, then either go with the flow or yes---you could stay home.

If you still are "afraid" your feelings for him might surface, for you used the words"trying to get over a guy that cheated on me," then perhaps it might be better to "pick and choose" who you might be able to hang out with without him. Try to arrange it, if possible.

Being you are still licking your wounds, might still be in this "fragile fringe" yet, so friends with no benefits may be bad timing right now.

Perhaps sometime down the road when things "simmer down" could you both "stay friends," and really mean this, but only your head and --heart--can tell you for sure, sweetie.xx

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to get over him, you should focus on other people when you and your common friends are out and about. Yes, it's possible to be friends with him and still hang out, but you have to keep in mind that he is not for you and you have to focus on others.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes