How do you get over someone you can't avoid seeing?

I'm in the middle of fighting cancer and I'm relying on the support of a specific group of friends. I had feelings for one friend (that didn't feel the same) that is a core part of this group and can't completely avoid her. I'm going through this mostly alone and being in this state is making moving on from my feelings for her really difficult. I want to try dating, but I'm bald right now and not very confident, plus women don't really want to date cancer patients. The friendship isn't repairable and I'm stuck choosing between being at home lonely, or being around my friends and running into her. What should I do?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, I'm sorry of all you're going through health wise, and I hope all works out for you! In some ways, I was in a similar situation a while back...I have a tumor, had to have various surgeries, different treatments, etc. On top of that, I had developed feelings for a really good buddy of mine. I chose to hang out with the group, despite having to see him all the time, and I recommend you do the same! You need joy and laughter in your life, and like most people, you need your friends to be your rock. Don't lock yourself up at home, go out and have fun with your group! I can't really give you my opinion on what to do with the girl you like, because there seems to be a deeper story. I know it can be awkward seeing her at times, but just make sure there's always people with you guys!
    Oh! You mentioned lacking confidence a bit... just as a side note, bald guys are insanely attractive...examples include fabio cannavaro or victor valdes! ;)