How do you get over someone you can't avoid seeing?

I'm in the middle of fighting cancer and I'm relying on the support of a specific group of friends. I had feelings for one friend (that didn't feel the same) that is a core part of this group and can't completely avoid her. I'm going through this mostly alone and being in this state is making moving on from my feelings for her really difficult. I want to try dating, but I'm bald right now and not very confident, plus women don't really want to date cancer patients. The friendship isn't repairable and I'm stuck choosing between being at home lonely, or being around my friends and running into her. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, I'm sorry of all you're going through health wise, and I hope all works out for you! In some ways, I was in a similar situation a while back...I have a tumor, had to have various surgeries, different treatments, etc. On top of that, I had developed feelings for a really good buddy of mine. I chose to hang out with the group, despite having to see him all the time, and I recommend you do the same! You need joy and laughter in your life, and like most people, you need your friends to be your rock. Don't lock yourself up at home, go out and have fun with your group! I can't really give you my opinion on what to do with the girl you like, because there seems to be a deeper story. I know it can be awkward seeing her at times, but just make sure there's always people with you guys!
    Oh! You mentioned lacking confidence a bit... just as a side note, bald guys are insanely attractive...examples include fabio cannavaro or victor valdes! ;)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• ooh dear I am really sorry for you , why are you alone in this where is your family and other friends ? , first you can add me and talk about anything anytime if you need someone to talk to, and secondly I believe that the more you try to ignore your feelings the more they grow up . so stay around her and maybe try to be her friend , and who told you she is not interested at all , I mean you never know , plus I believe bald guys look nice all the time , don't go too hard on yourself :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell your friends you just want to hang out with thwm and if they girl tags along tell her what you just worte here. I'm sure she won't come along after that

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk to them like you would a normal person and maybe the desire will go away.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe tell her how you feel and how hard it is for you explain it to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • move out of town, or ask some of your friends to hang out at your house without her

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• It seems entirely reasonable to ask some part of your group if you could do outings without her, at new places and activities where she won't show up. I assume that she would rather not see you either so this is does her no harm.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes