Dilema for exes trying to get back together. Advice needed!

My ex and I recently reconciled. We dated for 2 and a half years, but broke up for over 4 months. I'm not going into our relationship, which - besides a few arguments - was very average and healthy. We hit a moment in our lives where he didn't know if I was the one.

Anyways, when we broke up, we agreed it was final. I decided to move on with my life, and dated someone for about a month. He and I slept together. I know I tried to move on too fast, I was vulnerable and I made a mistake. I wasn't going to keep this from my ex, so we talked about it when we decided to get back together.

My question: Having sex with someone else really hurt my ex/boyfriend... 1. He can't get past it, and it's causing him bad anxiety- advice for him? And, 2. What should/can I do? I feel like I betrayed him even though we were broken up?

01