Helpful tips on getting over someone?

My boyfriend just broke up with me after just after a year and a half.. I'm more down than I ever have been before.. any advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't obsess over it. It's over, just let it be over. Mourn for it, but don't spend too long mourning. Don't think about getting back together, don't stalk his Facebook, don't obsess over whether he's found someone new, don't obsess over whether he ever really had any feelings for you. These are all pointless.

Work out what lessons you can learn from it. Remember that you still have friends. Spend more time with them.

Also remember that the next time you're dating someone, not to let your friendships go by the wayside just because you are seeing someone. Friends are important to help you pick up the pieces when the relationship fails.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Hi sorry to hear about your breakup.

There's no easy way to get through it all you can do is mourn the relationship. Think about the reasons you shouldn't be together and also hang onto the thought in a few months how happy you will be once the pain starts to fade.

0|0
    0|0
  • Finally coming out of the hole my ex left me in when she left me. The key was NOT to think about her. Like, if I caught myself thinking of her I would immediately change the thoughts in my head to something else.

Good luck we all go through it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Hey there... this is a hard time for you. It's great you can reach out online. Do you have anyone to talk to; someone you can trust? Do you have any idea why he broke up?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes