A year later...should we try again?

Alright, where to start? My ex and I broke up about a year ago. We had been dating for about two years at the time, and I really considered marrying this guy. We truly loved each other. But, I've always been a career oriented person and I wasn't sure if pursuing a relationship with him would be beneficial for my future. He also has a little girl from a previous relationship. Now, we've been in contact since the break which is probably the reason that I am not completely over him. I haven't dated since we broke up, but not for lack of trying. He hasn't dated anyone else either, but I don't know about anything that may have happened behind closed doors.

Alright, now I know I never gave myself a chance to get over him, but I don't think I ever wanted to. There were days I wished I could stop loving him because of how much I missed him. I still miss him. I don't know what I want. I'm pretty confident he still loves me. Do I want to try and see if we could be together, or should I just continue my single life and hope to meet someone else? Please. I do miss this guy, and I'm scared to lose him in the future. He is one of my closest friends and we can still talk to each other about everything. I just want your thoughts on this situation.

01