Average divorce is $50,000, OMG! I will never get married, will you?

Average divorce is $50,000, OMG! I will never get married, will you?

Nobody marries to get a divorce offcourse but what if things don't go as you wish? Is not getting a divorce a safety belt? What is going on?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents went through mediation and it went fairly smoothly.

But yea,divorce gets that way because the couple's fighting over stupid shit and they drag out the divorce. I am watching a woman whine almost daily because she's demanding 2500 a month from her husband and the husband's deliberately getting a low-paying job to avoid paying her any money. This is how petty it gets and there are children involved in this one. Most of the arguing I see in most divorce cases involving a woman demanding all sorts of money from a husband and it's confusing for men because this is supposed to be some age of "independent women." Yet I'm seeing women on here saying they'll never marry a guy who makes less then them... and men know it's really because that if they divorce... they'll make out like a bandit.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• If you do not believe you can devote yourself to a man totally, surrendering your heart to him, enough to where you can trust him, then no, you should not get married.

You are literally saying you will never get married because you expect it to fail.

What kind of woman are you? Do you have any idea what love really is? It's the surrender of a part of your life to someone else. And it's the same for a man. If you cannot deal with that, then please, never get married.

2|0
    0|0
  • A lot of that is often lost from the males side, not to be sexist about it at all. But the law is often on the females side. Although if you're smart you can get a prenup which protects you from such losses, in saying that legal fees could cost a bundle if someone really wants to hit your wallet.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's a load bollocks. I can't believe people are stupid enough to try to defend it. Anybody who still goes through with it and then gets taken to the cleaners deserves no sympathy.

0|0
    1|0
  • Are you saying legal cost?

I assume. Most divorced men I know would have cried tears of hot to only owe 50k

0|0
    0|0
  • The poverty rate among divorced people is high as are alcoholism, etc.

0|0
    1|0
  • I reckon the last one cost me more than that,more like $120,000 and I wasn't even married to her.That's apart from what it cost me during the relationship (maybe another $100,000).It was just a 10 year de-facto relationship.

She didn't even have a reason to end it,and never gave one.That's normal.Most of the assets werte liquidated by her financial suicide,I swear this one will cost her more than it cost me,it will be poetic justice,but it's not often possible.

There is a God,but he still leaves you with less than you started,

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't get married and it has nothing to do with the legal absurdities of divorce.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not every marriage ends in divorce

4|0
    0|1
    • No not every marriage, only about 50%. And ALL of the ones that don't end in divorce are happy and stable. Every single one. Nobody ever stays in unhappy marriages ever, just because it would cost them way too much to divorce. Nope. Never.

/sarcasm

• unhappy marriages usually stay together for the kids

• exactly not every marriage ends in divorce people make it work

• Sure, I'll get married. Why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Welcome to the mans point of view.

This is why most men don't want to get married either.

0|2
    4|0
  • Been there, done that. Like other wise men in history I will not be repeating my 2 word (I do) guffaw.

0|0
    0|0
    • *guffaw should be replaced by the word mistake*

• With a 50% divorce rate in the USA, I don't like my chances. If I'm with someone who is a REALLY good match for me, I'll consider marriage. Otherwise, not a chance.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I hope so but that's yet another reason to be very careful. Don't marry just for the sake of it as so many people do but wait for the right person and the right time.

1|0
    0|0
  • nah I want kids and will get married and won't get divorced

1|0
    0|1
    • even if he cheats on you? it could happen. you never really know

• hopefully he won't cheat. If he does I might divorce him but who knows if he really regrets it and we have a child then I'd rather be with him than go through the process of a divorce I have a child to raise. And I wouldn't want them to suffer

• Only when the man fall in love through his eyes but not with his heart

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll get married, I just won't ever get divorced.

3|0
    0|3
    • Everybody who ever got divorce believed that at one point...

• I agree choco it depends on the person and whether they can make it work I don't I'm going to get divorced my uncles/aunties and parents have been married for nearly 20 years - everyone has ups and downs but yeah stuck together :)

• I will totally get married. I will just wait for the guy who will stay with me. Usually it only costs so much because they hire lawyers and crap. If you settle it peacefully, its far less expensive.

And if I am being completely honest here, I think a lot of divorces are not necessary. Sometimes its just a way to get out of working things out. That's part of relationships. Relationships are not supposed to be perfect! You fight, you yell, but you work it out. Never break up with someone or divorce someone if you are angry or in a fight. BOTH parties should try to work it out first. Unless your spouse does not share the same religion or they have cheated, a divorce should not even be considered. Marriage is taken far too lightly these days. It is a promise to form a lifelong bond between a couple. Not something you can throw away when you are bored of it.

_____Before I get hate comments____

I am saying I think that is the case for SOME divorces. By no means all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't want marriage anyway regardless of divorce payments.

0|1
    0|0
  • Even if it's a peaceful parting and no fighting fees there is still a cost to file the paper work. My co-worker is still married because it's going to cost like $1,000 to get divorced.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes