I cheated on my boyfriend but I still love him?

Okay, my boyfriend is 24 he still works at his first job as a bus boy, no he did not get a raise, he's going to be 25 soon and still works at his first job since he was 16 and makes 7.40 an hour and works 4 to 5 hours for 2 or 3 days a week, and I'm 19 going on 20 in a month, I've had more jobs than he has had. We're going on almost 3 years of being together. Our dates consist of Walmart, Meijer, McDonald's or cheese pizza because he's a vegetarian. He does nice things for me like drive me up to my college for classes but I pay him gas to drive me up there. He smokes weed, and he complains about not having any money, and when we do go out somewhere fancy, his parents pays for it not him. He doesn't like hanging out with friends he pushed all of his friends away, he doesn't like going out or having fun or anything. On new year's eve he took me home because he thinks its stupid to kiss at midnight, so I cried while all my friends were kissing their boyfriend, while I'm sitting there like yep, my boyfriend doesn't want too hang out. Then he complains he's tired all the time when he literally sits at home on his butt all day and watch tv.

So I met this guy 6 months ago, we litterally talk all day and all night until one of us passes out, he's an attractive guy, he's 28, he has a good paying job, his own car and place to live, he has a girlfriend, but she's a bit crazy, I've met her..she always threatens to commit suicide if they break up, so he's stuck, but we saw each other again just recently and we were alone and we had sex. I don't have feelings for this guy, I just think he's really cute. I don't regret sleeping with him...to my luck he lives 2 hours away so I'm not concerned about my boyfriend finding out about what he and I did, but the guy likes me, and I don't like him like that. I still love my boyfriend, and the guy is 8 years older than me . So it'd just be a bit awkward and he cheated on his girlfriend, I don't want someone like that. So now I'm stuck in the middle of what to do now, I still love my boyfriend, it's just he's been upsetting me and every way possible, but I know he tries but he isn't trying hard enough, and I still want to be with him.
Okay, before everyone jumps to he's a hard working man, No HE'S NOT. He's a bus boy, he spends his money on weed he doesn't spend it on me or anything else, and sits and complains and cries about how he doesn't have any money. I don't care about the material things I just want him to DO SOMETHING. He isn't trying at all, past 3 years he said he would do something.
Okay, let's put it this way, 1st year it was fine he wasn't acting like this, 2nd he started being this way he makes $60 a week, he spends 45 of it on weed, that leaves 15.00, 9.00 of it goes to gas and the rest goes into cigarettes. I am not a material girl. I want to see him TRY better himself instead of complaining over not wanting to work or that he's tired, I work with him at this job. We clean tables and that's it, his life is not hard at all.

I've had more jobs than he has in the past 3 years, he got a job offer at a factory, but he turned it down, because he said that requires doing actual WORK. I'm not worried about the kiss, what pissed me off was he wanted to sit at home and smoke a bowl and do nothing everyday he does not go to school, he sits at home and watches tv, NOTHING else. If he wants to go somewhere I DRIVE him. I don't ask for a penny of gas money when we go out, yet when I ride with him I gotta pay him.

65

Most Helpful Girl

• Well first, it seems like the people answering this question didn't actually READ your question since their answers all say something along the lines of "he's trying." No, he isn't trying. I'd have to agree with one answerer though, he does sound depressed... or there may be another reason for his lack of energy and ambition. There is nothing wrong with weed though, lets not get things twisted. "So it would be a bit awkward and he cheated on his girlfriend, I don't want someone like that." You say that but you cheated on your boyfriend, so how does that work?

Honestly just talk to your boyfriend and try to communicate, tell him that you've had enough and want to see him get a different job and try to make something of himself. That you want to see him succeed in life and you feel it isn't going anywhere by living with his parents. Tell him if he can't make an effort to make something of himself in life you may have to move on in life. Take his reply and decide what to do from there. It may be time to move on in life.

• I wish I can make 2 best answers. I have a question how do I try to communicate with him without him bawling his eyes out? He does it every time I bring it up? :(

• Just sit there while he cries and comfort him, tell him you know he doesn't want to hear it but it's something he has to hear if he wants the relationship to work. That you're not trying to to insult him but feel the only way your relationship will last is if he attempts to do something for himself.