Why would an ex contact you for emotional support?

Quick info: met in September, got together late November then ended in early January so essentially we broke up about a month ago. And we've known each other for about 3-4 months (not a lot). Anyway, he sends me a message on fb saying hi, I respond back and ask how he is doing. He then spills out that he is doing pretty bad, saying he just finished midterms and how he lost a lot of friends this week and that always makes him depressed. I did my best to comfort him, but why would he come to me for emotional support?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• In my estimation and from my "expertise" in the field of knowing what "riding my pity wagon" is when it comes to "lost souls," your ex is hitching his "class act ass" back on to yours, sweetie.

Bottom line is, when ever there is a break-up between two people, sometimes, a guy will "come back just out of the---'blue'", let's say, with all sorts of "worries and 'whoa' boy wants."

I don't know your whole story here as far as who did the "he said, she said" adios, but whenever a guy "from the past" starts with his "lament lingo," he is looking, for not only an "emotional rescue" from you, and possibly a-----"return trip to the present," as well(We girls can be just as bad with this, if not worse).

It's your choice, of course, how you want to handle "the case of the sniffles.":))xx

• I usually really like the nature of your responses, however they tend to be really hard to read when you put everything "in quotes". It's just not necessary and it makes your posts a "visual nightmare".

• Smart people usually catch on..:))xx