Advice with my current ex boyfriend situation. He's annoyed, wants "space"?

We broke up because of distance. He says.

I barely realize I was mistreated because he didn't acknowledge my feelings or work out problems with me (I know I should use this to get over but hold on)

So before he left to go back to his country, he told me "maybe one day we will get married"

So I guess I was dumb and fell for it, a month later he blocked me without giving me any reason. So I freaked and pestered him about it but no response from him. So I waited a month to see if he needed space and he is still not okay. He still ignores me. So at this point I'm irritated because I was deciding if that means not to wait for him anymore. So I tried finding out and now three months after he has left, he sends me a message as someone else, saying he says for me to leave him alone. That he is super annoyed with me. That I need to stop trying to talk to him. He needs space and that means space for a year or 2, whenever. That he does not want to talk to me end of story.

If he had said this before, I would have not reacted the way I did, but he won't understand that. But what I want to know is why would someone react like he is? That they need space for a year or 2 when I did nothing wrong? Then all of a sudden he started acting cruel and hateful towards me by telling me I'm annoying, when he would have never said that when he was here. Ugh, confused. Help.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• he comes up with excuses and not acting how you want from someone you consider a boyfriend.

if a guy doesn't listen to me, doesn't be careful with what he says and constantly makes excuses, I really don't believe in 2nd chances. I walk away. like the other user said, next.

• Yup. I barely realized this too late unforunately. :/