Should I give up on my ex?

We dated for Almost six years, He recently broke up with me, not in a mean way at all but told me he still wants to celebrate our anniversary, valentines, Etc...I mean he says he wants his space but when I do he gets hurt or upset that I'm not heartbroken I don't get to spend time with him. I am just confused as to what he wants from me. He knows all I want is him so I don't understand where all of this is coming from? can any guys out there shed some light on this?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• As a girl, I can surely 'shed some light on this," sweetie

He wants his cake and eat it too, to sort of speak. He doesn't really want a relationship with you, with all strings attached, but at the same time, he wants you in his life, to "have this space," and possibly be just this friends with benefits. Perhaps this explains the "sweet words of celebrating cozy candlelight dinners" still, and with someone he has shared Almost six years with. This is giving him a chance to call the shots in this new found, next-to-nothing----relations.

What I have found with today's guys, they get in a long relationship, suddenly feel trapped and smothered, needing "room to breath,' and some, like him, won't completely sever the ropes, but in turn, will pull on your heart strings just to "stay a part of your life and in---your heart." You then are just a convenience.

You say you are not all that broken up that you don't get to spend time with him. Perhaps, you yourself, needed a much called for break from him.

But yes, I can see where you both are coming from, and although it seems confusing right now, you will better understand what he is "asking" as time goes on. It's your choice what to do with your "little valentine,' but if it were me, I wouldn't let him sweet talk me into anything more bewildering than it already is.xx