Getting over someone advice?

does anyone think it is possible to get over a guy or girl if you see them all the time? like if they were a best friend for example and you were in love with him/her? is cold turkey the only way to get over someone?

the reason I ask is because I don't think it is possible to get over someone you love if you have regular daily contact, please say why you agree or disagree with me too, please also share your experiences, thanks

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Totally agree with you.

It is impossible to get over someone if you see them very often. Well, it is impossible for me.

It is very hard to make the feeling go away by looking at him/her,listening to him/her and talking to him/her.

The best way to get over someone is to avoid any contact. Also,you should move on and start seeing somebody else. It is unfair for your new date,but it would help you think less about him/her.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I have been in that situation...it is very hard. Especially if you work with them. I would see this man every day and had to have meetings with him. It just takes time. I started seeing someone else that helped a lot.

0|1
    0|0
    • thank you, if you had to give a sentence of advice what would it be?

• It's hard bro. trying to do the same right now. I really think if you find someone else, you still have a place in your heart for the original person you liked. It's kinda miserable and sometimes the reasons people have depression and cut..

0|1
    0|0

• The best way to get over someone is to find a replacement

0|0
    0|0
  • No contact is to help yourself not the other person. If they want to contact you that is something they chose to do. However, there are some cases like what I'm going through now in which I did not see my crush/friend in a year, he contacted me, and the feelings came back.

0|1
    0|0
    • i have been through the exact same thing, lost contact for a year or more, the feelings for her went away and then back in contact the feelings came back, I feel your pain

• I gave my heart to him and he rejected me. So men are not the only gender who get rejected. Us women get fuck zoned. Well at least he did that to me. I dress tomboyish so I do not understand how that happened.

• No you can't see them

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It is very difficult. It takes great emotional control to just let that person go, especially if you see that person everyday. You need to go cold turkey.

0|1
    0|0
  • NC is the best way to get over someone ... being friends with them is torture and that's why you always tell them "I'm sorry I can't be friends ... I don't fuck friends"

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes