Why do I never hear from any of my exes ever again?

I'm starting to think maybe there's something wrong with me. I always hear of friends or other people whose exes either constantly still texts them or just arrange a friendly catchup every now and then. Maybe my exes are just the type of people who have excellent self control and follow the No Contact rule very closely. But I worry that maybe I was that terrible a girlfriend and they are so glad to get me out of their lives that I just do not hear from them ever again. This thought has really depressed me lately. I have a few friends who are going through break ups right now and they and their exes still seem to irresistibly be tied to each other. I know that being still so tied up with your ex would make it harder to move on and would probably annoying as well, but I sometimes wish my exes cared enough to contact me so much.

Have you ever contacted or purposefully never contacted an ex and why? Is there something wrong with me?

410

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I contacted my ex and she didn't respond. Thinking she might not have received it, I contacted her again in a different way, she didn't respond.

So eventually I gave up. Maybe you ignored him?

The majority of people think that communicating during a breakup is seen as weak and pointless.

I think of it as being very strong, you are brave enough to put yourself on the line and get hurt more, to try and fix the problem.

But most have others lined up immediately after the breakup, so they just see your contacting them as annoying. If this is the case, they probably lost their (strong) feelings for you and don't want to fix the problem. Thus ignore / don't contact you.

Maybe you are sending out a signal to them that they shouldn't contact you?