Do I need to break up with him?

I've been seeing him for a while now, we've been exclusive for several months.. He's also getting over a divorce and while I respect that I've been extra pushy over the past few weeks because I want us to move a bit faster (I even told him that my family likes him but is starting to bring it up a lot which is true). After this he basically forced me to be in an open relationship with him, I hate it and he told me that he is just not ready but does want a relationship with me and maybe even to spend the rest of his life with me (we even have a booked vacation coming up).. He told me that he didn't want to see anyone but me but wanted to be open to relieve some of the pressure... Well he updated his dating profile and I called him out on it. I'm crushed, he told me that other than his mother and grandmother I'm the only woman in the world that he cares about and he wouldn't still be seeing me if he didn't want to be with me.. That he's not a man whore. I told him he needs to get this being open out of his system and to make sure nothing gets back to me or affects me.. I told him not to start friending women from the dating site etc.. He said of course.. Well I have no idea what he did because he made it so that I can't see his Facebook friends other than mutual.. This is too much he couldn't just agree not to friend anyone? Do I need to break up with him? He's asking me to give up a lot and I don't want to start seeing other people because while it would get his attention that would be playing games and I'm above that! I'm crushed though, while he still wants to go on double dates with his friends and agreed to meet more of my family but I can't bare being open, I don't want to be a fool in love but I feel like one.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 2

• Well, I can't tell you what to do, I can only provide my personal viewpoint. In my honest opinion, yes you should end things. It seems to me that he is only playing you. He wants to keep his dating prospects open yet keep you hanging around too.

Don't just blindly believe his words. Look at his actions, that speaks more truth than the lies that come out of his mouth. Think about it, if he truly cared for you like he claims he does, why would he want an open relationship? Now, I don't think there is anything wrong with open relationships if that's what works for the couple but obviously that is not what you want.

You should not be pressured to be a part of something that you don't really want. He seems like he has a lot of personal issues that he needs to work out. Maybe in the future after his divorce is finalized and you've had some time to yourselves, you could get back together or maybe you'll realize it wasn't meant to be. Either way, I personally think that you should save yourself from future heartache and just leave him now.

The thought of not being with him may be painful but him stringing you along and seeing other girls on the side will hurt you even more. Take some time to yourself and think about what you truly want. Of course, the decision is completely up to you. I hope this was somewhat helpful, good luck hun:)

0|0
    0|0
  • Break it off. You don't want to be with someone who's not ready to be with you, no matter how much they say they love and care for you. Tell him that if he isn't ready to be exclusive, that he can look you up when he is.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes