Do you unfriend your ex on Facebook after a break up?

So we and this guy are over, and we are still currently friends on Facebook. Normally, do you unfriend them? I'm not sure because he's still a good person and all and I don't hate him, we're just not dating anymore, you know?

I mean, its just Facebook right?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was a mutual breakup then it wouldn't matter.

If he broke up with you I don't think he would care.

If you broke up with him it may make him feel worse, but if he's messaging you unwated stuff then yes

I mean does it matter to you if he's friends with you on Facebook? You could just take him off your news feed. Regardless of how the relationship ended though deleting him may hurt his feelings, because it makes the statement "I don't want you in my life anymore" just avoid it if you could.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• if it's an amicable breakup I would probably stay friends especially if we were going to try and stay friends.

but if it wasn't amicable or we jsut were moving on I'd probably unfriend them. do it for myself so I don't feel the urge to check on them and just do it to help myself move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do. I don't want to speak or see an ex. I don't want to see what they're up to with other guys, no matter who finished it.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Yep do it, its the only way you will heal quickly. Seeing updates of his life all the time, will just keep opening the wound. Best thing I ever did was delete my ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't hate him and if you are completely over him which means even if he has a new girlfriend and posts photos with her or stuff like that and you don't care or don't think about it too much then I think there is no need to unfriend him, but then again it is YOUR decision and you know it better than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you ended peacefully I think its ok,

my ex cheated on me and I ended up restricted him on Facebook, he saw and texted me the other day, totally ignored

0|0
    0|0
  • Some of them I do and some of them I don't. Depends on how they treated me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes