Is having a crush/infatuation on someone new a sign that you have moved on?

Do you feel that you've moved on from your last boyfriend/girlfriend when you started having a crush/infatuation on someone new?

Do you feel that you've moved on from your last boyfriend/girlfriend when the person you have crush/infatuation on is all you see and think about (tunnel vision)?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a sign you have the ability to move on. I mean people have little crushes while they are in a relationship, it doesn't mean that they are cheating or planning on leaving that person, but it does show that they have sexual preferences. When your single you take your crushes a bit more seriously, you start to accept in yourself that you aren't just wedded to one person. If that makes sense?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Yes I do believe that it helps to move on. A few months after my boyfriend and I broke up I start to develop feelings for one of my coworkers. Even though we are not dating or anything like that its nice to feel some attraction to someone new without feeling guilty because of a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's a freeing feeling.

0|0
    0|0
  • No for me it's definitely not, I still like the guy who broke up with me but I'm not gonna tell my current boyfriend that.

0|0
    0|0
  • not necessary..crush or infatuation can be temporary feeling

0|0
    0|0
  • No

It may just be your brain trying to make up for the person that you used to date

0|0
    0|0
  • A sign of moving on is that you don't have any feelings for your ex anymore. That you think its ok for your ex to date other people

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not! Happened to me even when I was head over heels in love. It's weird that way I guess..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't think about your ex boyfriend/girlfriend anymore then probably you moved on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's you mind saying toucan get back out there maybe not fully moved on but a big step

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a sign that you are ready to move on but not that you have moved on

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I'll ever 100% move on from my exs. A part of me will always love and care for them however I wouldn't go back to them. I see a new crush as another opportunity of love and friendship.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm glad I'm not with someone like you.

What Guys Said 2

• It helps to have a new person to get your mind off of the past relationship. Time helps to heal wounds also.

0|1
    0|0
  • I believe that once your heart connects with someone else's, you are never really "Moved on". That person will always be a part of you, and you them. You can forget, but she will always be with you.

0|0
    0|0
    • They don't have to be a part of you if you cut out of your current life completely. People don't have to be with you, just cut them off completely and treat as if they never existed.

Recommended myTakes