I can't get her off my mind

I used to see this girl, we had a really good thing going (she said I treated her the best out of all the guys she ever met and was telling everyone how great we were together and we were in a relationship) and we were just about to get into a relationship then she broke things off without any particular reason. I was really hurt, but we tried to maintain a friendship, but things took a turn for the worse and she pretty much cut me off. I did everything I could to try to mend things but she wasn't having it. Its been over a year, my guess is she's moved on and probably forgotten about me. I believe that in my own way, I move on, but for some reason I can't seem to stop thinking about her why is that? I've tried to come up with reasons but I can't seem to. Oh and she deleted me from Facebook.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I can relate to this story as the girl who cut things off. Obviously I can't speak for her, but I think about the guy and how I hurt him. I in no way want to get back with him, but I just feel so bad. However, he wasn't for me and I didn't like a lot of aspects about him. I ended up gving him a chance and letting him take me on a date. We hung out a lot and I tried to force myself to like him, but I just didn't, so I called it off. We weren't in a relationship, but I am pretty sure he was sure that we were heading that way because all he did was see us through a rose-colored glass. He wanted to stay friends, but I couldn't do that to him. I was afraid that if he stayed my friend, he'd keep hitting on me, as he did before and have hopes of changing my mind. I'm sorry you had to experience what you did. I'm sure it hurts a lot.