Why does my ex still contact me if he is engaged to someone else?

This guy and I dated in high school for 3 and 1/2 years. Before college he broke up with me out of the blue and started dating another girl he meant at student orientation. Then he came crying back apologizing up and down so I took him back. He was my first love. We tried to work it out at college, went to different schools 45 minutes apart. Saw him a lot, things were never the same but we tried. He then left me again when I was already sobbing when I told him my dog died. I guess it was convient timing I was already heartbroken. Was with another girl

I immediately blocked him on Facebook and everything else. I told him we were not friends and that was that. I put my foot down. He wrote me a letter in the mail begging for our friendship. I refuse. He would message my friends on Facebook asking them to tell me to get ahold of him. I never did. He brought his girlfriend to the place where I worked and he knew I worked there. He got engaged to her within 3 months but he contacts me almost every single month. He wants to see me, rekindle our friendship. His fiance even messaged me on Facebook asking if he was always 'stubborn' I don't know what that means, but I don't know how she got my email. He is going through so much trouble to get ahold of me and he left me and is now engaged. Does he really love her? I'm so confused. But I don't want to start the friendship again.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Just so you know, that is not normal male behavior. To answer your question. He doesn't love her but neither does he love you. He's an emotional male whore who has no fucking clue where his head, his heart or his penis is.

My advice is, be upfront with him and make it clear that he has two options with you. Either you two date or he leaves you alone cause you don't do the friends thing. That's it.