Why does my ex still contact me if he is engaged to someone else?

This guy and I dated in high school for 3 and 1/2 years. Before college he broke up with me out of the blue and started dating another girl he meant at student orientation. Then he came crying back apologizing up and down so I took him back. He was my first love. We tried to work it out at college, went to different schools 45 minutes apart. Saw him a lot, things were never the same but we tried. He then left me again when I was already sobbing when I told him my dog died. I guess it was convient timing I was already heartbroken. Was with another girl

I immediately blocked him on Facebook and everything else. I told him we were not friends and that was that. I put my foot down. He wrote me a letter in the mail begging for our friendship. I refuse. He would message my friends on Facebook asking them to tell me to get ahold of him. I never did. He brought his girlfriend to the place where I worked and he knew I worked there. He got engaged to her within 3 months but he contacts me almost every single month. He wants to see me, rekindle our friendship. His fiance even messaged me on Facebook asking if he was always 'stubborn' I don't know what that means, but I don't know how she got my email. He is going through so much trouble to get ahold of me and he left me and is now engaged. Does he really love her? I'm so confused. But I don't want to start the friendship again.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just so you know, that is not normal male behavior. To answer your question. He doesn't love her but neither does he love you. He's an emotional male whore who has no fucking clue where his head, his heart or his penis is.

My advice is, be upfront with him and make it clear that he has two options with you. Either you two date or he leaves you alone cause you don't do the friends thing. That's it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Good for you, you're making a good decision to end all contact with him. He may even be trying to rekindle things because his fiance is wanting him to in order to possibly start a 3some. I'm not saying that that is the case, but it is a possibility.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Do not maintain friendship or any sort of contact with this guy.. He is toxic and you dot need his poison. Put him behind you at any cost where he belongs. Let his fiance deal with this "jewel". Lucky her!

1|0
    0|0
  • He wants to have sex with you once more before he marries her, or he wants to see you act all jealous that he's with her and not with you. She's getting suspicious, which is why she's messaging you. He doesn't love her either, otherwise he wouldn't be contacting you. Why would a guy risk his current relationship for an old one? And if you want to remain at peace DO NOT become anything with him again. BTW I had to ask my cousin about this situation, and these are his answers.

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha well thank you. I refuse to speak to him. Its his loss I've moved on I'm just tired of him contacting me. Or his fiance emailing me which is really awkward.

Recommended myTakes