You're invited to a get together/party. You accept. Then you find out someone you used to date will be there.

do you still go? do you back out and not give a reason? do you back out and contact the one who invited you? what's your reason for your choice?

I would go...Im an adult and a bit more mature than that. Interested in your answers.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go. I'm not going to let the chance of seeing an ex stop me from living my life and doing the things I want to do.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• It does depend on how it ended, but generally I'd say go, why be afraid or nervous to see an ex? They aren't a part of your life anymore, as long as you can be polite and civil towards them they shouldn't dictate whether or not you go out with friends and have a good time. I'd just go anyway and have a good time, life's short. But... it depends on what you want to do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Eh. Depends. I have 2 ex's and we ended on OK terms.

It depends on the party. Who party it is and how many people are gonna be there.

I don't drink so I would be sober. I think I would most likely still go but stay away from my ex.

If I ever did wanna talk to them about how everything ended that's not the place to do it.

Stay classy and of course, greet each other so that it wouldn't be 100% awkward.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ive been in this situation before and I backed out because my ex and his new fiance of knowing her for 3 months would be there and I did not want to go down memory lane. I apologized to the host of the party and they completely understood.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on how it ended. If it ended messy, I wouldn't go because I don't want drama to start there... In public.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes