In a relationship, but on dating sites/talking to others. What is the point of this?

I've asked this before just trying to get more opinions.

If you are already in a relationship would you be on a dating website/talking to another person? How would you handle this if you were the other person talking to someone who you just found out has been in a relationship?

I don't know I consider this a form of cheating for the person who's in the relationship. What would you feel is the reasons for doing this?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• One of the basic tenets of any successful relationship is commitment. When someone who is in a relationship and chooses to explore other romantic options though online dating shows lack of commitment and if done surreptitiously is a breach of trust and respect.

If I were the other person in the relationship I would confront them about it; especially if this has been done behind one's back, before things would escalate any further. Communication is the key here and being open and honest about each other feelings will hopefully help pass this hurdle.

It is hard to know why one would engage in such behavior; some reasons might be, not getting enough attention/being taken for granted in the relationship, boredom, the thrill of meeting someone new.