Why don't guys who are poorer than their wives ever try to clean them out when they get divorced?

When women get divorced , they 99.9% of the time take everything especially when they earned less. Now its rare for a court to award the husband everything even if he's earn less than his wife and its rare for a husband to demand everything in a divorce like a wife . Why is that?

Can any of the women who claim that men do this as much as women provide some examples?

72

Most Helpful Girl

• Alimony is horribly outdated but you obviously aren't citing any real statistics. I feel like prenups should be mandatory as should written agreements about having children, etc. I've known only single moms who didn't even bother to go after exes for child support (out of anything from guilt to futility to indifference) but am not going to state that that is the majority of reality; I'd have to do extensive research to see if my viewpoint is even statistically significant. Anyway... You shouldn't win money buy marrying but you also shouldn't win a false sense of immortality by having a woman make and raise children for you. All of these things are now a choice and easily controlled. I can understand wanting to exact revenge if someone ruined your life with an awful marriage, but you're also not required to stay with them for any amount of time either. I don't know I'd rather just punch a guy in the face and not need to still be taken care of financially by him. It just gets messy if you have a really old fashioned marriage where the guy wants to be the breadwinner and the wife throws away her future for him and his desire to breed etc (and hers too).. If he decides he's done with her after 20 years is it really fair that all she has to show for it is probably whatever degree of custody she wants? (That is a real bias, and custody should automatically be 50/50 unless you pay to opt out). Basically, people being the way they are... Always be prepared to be on your own, don't share, don't trust, and get everything in writing!