My ex's girlfriend is trying to be my friend.

So my ex and I were best friends before we dated, and then I broke up with him, stopped talking to him for a bit, started talking to him again after about a few weeks, found out he had a new girlfriend. She didn't want him friends with me, so he stopped talking to me. Then, his girlfriend went off on me one day when my ex readded me on Facebook. She made him delete me. Then, about a week later, she approaches me with him at school saying she's allowing me to be friends with him but if I try anything with him that she's going to go off on me. So now, my ex and I are friends again and talking but she's always around. She's trying to be my friend too now but it's a bit awkward. Like, it would be me, him, his new girlfriend, and 2 of our friends, and they'll be constantly flirting with each other. It's weird for me.. I'm fine being friends with them as long as they aren't all over each other, which makes everything a bit awkward. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless they are all over each other in front of everyone, it seems like she is controlling all this. Friendships can't exactly work when they are under control of someone else. But it's not as though she would allow him to see you without her presence as a chaperone. You can tell them that as an ex it's uncomfortable seeing them all over each other all the time and ask if they not do it when with you. If she insists on her right to do this, you have the option to excuse yourself. If that happens there's a chance that he will see how much she is controlling him and stand up to it for a change. Whatever happens, keep in mind that most guys will put up with only so much control. When that happens and she's out of the picture, you should be able to resume your friendship without all this foolishness.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 8

• Get yourself a boyfriend, that is way hotter than your ex, to the point that your ex will get insanely jealous start acting out and loose position in the group. Once he does that, his chick will follow him and now you have a hot boyfriend and your group of friends intact without any awkward "ex with girlfriend in your face all the time" situation.

1|0
    0|0
    • This is terrible advice, that's a really horrible reason to get a new BF. The whole thing just stinks, terrible terrible idea. DO NOT DO THIS QA.

• Does she 'own' him? Wow, I had an ex that wouldn't even let me go out with my dad! Let alone with any real friends I had at the time! You should dump both of them until they're not together. Because clearly, it sounds like she's VERY insecure. Lol. 'ALLOWING' him. Not laughing at you sweetie, I'm laughing at the foolish girl who will get her heart broken very easily when he realizes it's complete bullshit.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think its worth it. The new girlfriend is just gonna try to make your jealous and hold everything against you. My ex and his fiance pulled the same crap. I told them that we were not in a 3 way relationship and I wanted out. Its not worth it. Just walk away.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's worth it either, this will probably bring you more stress than happiness but it's up to you. I think he must like being whipped atm but once he realizes what she's really like and leaves her, he'll be a decent friend to you. bide your time maybe?

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's a good idea, there's a reason why he's your EX and not your boyfriend anymore so why do even wanna be friends with him again? It doesn't make sense..really.Forget about him and move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • there's no way in hell I'd be friends with my ex bf's new girlfriend.

the less drama, the better. what the hell?

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally I think it sounds like a bad situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • She's allowing him to be your friend? What is she, his mother? If my ex's woman told me that, it would instantly make me lose respect for him. If he can't tell her that his friendship with me is important and that he will maintain it, then I don't want to be his friend. I'd tell her, oh honey I've been there and didn't want it, he's all yours. Then be done with it.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes