My ex's girlfriend is trying to be my friend.

So my ex and I were best friends before we dated, and then I broke up with him, stopped talking to him for a bit, started talking to him again after about a few weeks, found out he had a new girlfriend. She didn't want him friends with me, so he stopped talking to me. Then, his girlfriend went off on me one day when my ex readded me on Facebook. She made him delete me. Then, about a week later, she approaches me with him at school saying she's allowing me to be friends with him but if I try anything with him that she's going to go off on me. So now, my ex and I are friends again and talking but she's always around. She's trying to be my friend too now but it's a bit awkward. Like, it would be me, him, his new girlfriend, and 2 of our friends, and they'll be constantly flirting with each other. It's weird for me.. I'm fine being friends with them as long as they aren't all over each other, which makes everything a bit awkward. What should I do?

81

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless they are all over each other in front of everyone, it seems like she is controlling all this. Friendships can't exactly work when they are under control of someone else. But it's not as though she would allow him to see you without her presence as a chaperone. You can tell them that as an ex it's uncomfortable seeing them all over each other all the time and ask if they not do it when with you. If she insists on her right to do this, you have the option to excuse yourself. If that happens there's a chance that he will see how much she is controlling him and stand up to it for a change. Whatever happens, keep in mind that most guys will put up with only so much control. When that happens and she's out of the picture, you should be able to resume your friendship without all this foolishness.