Would a man risk loosing his family and home just to have an affair?

We have kids and are in the process of buying a new house...why would risk loosing everything

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Men are fickle creatures, sometimes. If a woman comes along that picks the right time to flirt, and his heart is not dedicated to you, it can seem to him like he has rediscovered happiness. His wandering heart may be a symptom of many things, including a relationship between you that has been growing stale, or even something like a fight that has left him feeling detached from you.

Or, it could be that he keeps some parts of his heart to himself, and this new woman is appealing to them. (Or... So he thinks. The truth is, he will not gain the satisfaction from her that he really desires.)

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Look at Clinton..not even a real 'affair', just fooling around with a teenager, it got him impeached.

Eliot Spitzer..you can multiply the examples.

Sometimes guys freak out when they are under the pressure of kids, mortgages, jobs...and they want to go back to being single and unattached and picking up girls as they used to.

0|0
    0|0
  • girls gotta understand, guys are very lonely creatures and don't get attention from the opposite gender very often, so when were alone or feel alone, we need someone of the opposite gender to feel better, even if its going to risk losing someone we might already have especially if the one we have doesn't provide that, and when couples have kids the attention from the female always goes to the kids, and the guy is left alone in the corner, so yes to your question

0|1
    0|0
  • My dear friend,it will depend on how you treat your better half.If you treat him in unfair way then it is quite possible that he may find solace in company of another woman. So it is better if you introspect yourself first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes he would risk it. (As would some women).

He's clearly thinking with the wrong head.

:-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Question, have you found a divorce lawyer yet? You'll need one if you have an affair.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen it happen dozens of times before.

0|0
    0|0
  • It happens everyday!

0|0
    0|0
  • Some would, as would some women. Depends on the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys would, yes.

It depends on many factors - how likely they think it is that they will be caught, how hot is the new girl, how they feel about their wife and kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many times I suspect the person sees the stakes as being really high (if you're caught you lose a lot) but the risk as being relatively low (small chance of getting caught). Some people are comfortable with that tradeoff as long as they see the payoff as worthwhile (excitement and sexual satisfaction from the affair).

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I am not sure why people do risk everything for affairs but it does happen a lot. Usually cheating stems from other issues, from anxiety, childhood traumas, insecurities, marital problems, added stresses at home, work or financially. Communication and honesty is huge.

I am sorry to say but some do take the risk, not everyone but it does happen.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes