Bestfriend is getting married to a cheater?

Best friend and I have known each other since we were eight years old. She is getting married in and she wants everyone to be happy for her and act excited.

It's a train wreck waiting to happen.

I can't be happy for her because she is marrying a jerk! He's a true cheater! The more I tell my best friend about his behavior, she professes her love for him even more.

They have been together for a year and just got engaged.

His behavior is getting more and more ridiculous and it's putting a strain on the relationship with my best friend. We are like sisters, and I don't know what to do anymore.

While she is planning this wedding, I don't know if I will be there, let alone as her matron of honor. She says she wants the same relationship with a husband that I have, and that's what I want for her too.

I don't want her to be more miserable that she already is. Am I wrong if I tell her I don't want to hear anything else about this madness?

I know she wants a man, but why would you lose a relationship with a great friend just to protect a man who has never been there for you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sweetie, as her Best friend And Potential matron of honor, all you can do at this point in time, is be beside her, for better or for worse. Although you have tried to put a bouquet up her butt to the fact that this grimy ass groom is cause for a "Prenup," and causing even more "war brides" between you and your childhood chum, there's "sickness and in health" issues going on that is making This even more a train wreck. She's so liquored up on going through with this, that No matter what confetti you throw in her face, she will Still be walking down the aisle with new shoes, Not cold feet.

The way I'm seeing this less than perfect picture, the more you say "Please don't," the More she will be crying "I Do," and in turn, she will be running into his waiting low life arms.

It's probably true that she wants a man, but to tell her to leave This Jerk at the alter, doesn't look as though will happen in this fairy tale lifetime.

All you can do now, is Continue being her Best friend And Her wedding planner, and just give her this sisterly "now you may kiss the bride," peck, to let her know you will always there for her, till death do you both part. You might want to remind her as well, should she realize you Were right about all the madness, that you were Happy to have least been with her on her special day.

However, even if this honeymoon is over before it begins, at least you can live with a "Good china" conscience, that you did all you could do to get her on the next train out...xx

0|0
    0|0
    • Right. As much as you could do.

• I must admit, I don't believe I have seen a more loyal, loving friend..I have a sister who I wish loved me as much as you love your friend..she is very lucky..I hope all goes well..xx

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• You've done enough to inform her.

Other than that, you're just gonna end up saying "told ya so!" when it goes downhill. Plus she sounds like the type that wants him more the more people are against it.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's what I'm afraid of.

• What is this guy doing NOW? Maybe his history is bad, but he will settle down now? That DOES happen!

You shouldn't undermine her happiness unless you're really sure of these things

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• You weren't in the wrong for telling her about this. Don't beat yourself up over it. The reason why she is responding so harshly is because love blinds a person. Within time, she will realize she should have listened to you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for your response. That's true on love is blind.

• No friend or family member is EVER going to chose you over a wife, husband, girlfriend, or Fiance.

The sooner you learn that, the better. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN SAY! They don't care, they want who they want.

It sucks, but the more animate you get, the more they push you away and accuse you of being jealous or "trying to ruin their relationship".

IF she hasn't left him now, she most likely never will. The only way they'll break up is after they are married, and after she has his children, and after he's dumped her for a younger version.

Trust me I know. ITs sad to see your friends and family in shitty relationships. But they will never leave no matter how bad their partner is.

Sorry for your loss.

0|0
    0|0
    • If only more people spoke up than we'd have less divorces and less broken homes.

• No, people would still be divorced, and have broken homes. They would just have less friends and family to turn to, because they alienate everyone for their shitty relationships, that inevitably end in flames. As a loved one, the only thing you can do is sit there and be available after everything you said would happen, does happen. The best thing you can do, is just be there once it all happens. Because its going to happen, with or without you being there.

Recommended myTakes