What's cheating to you?

At what point (in a relationship with someone who is NOT your significant other) do you consider it cheating? Please choose the answer that marks the difference between cheating and a casual relationship between two people to you.
  • Talking/flirting with someone else without your S.O.'s knowledge (and everything below)
    Vote A
  • Flirting with that person via text message without your S.O.'s knowledge (and everything below)
    Vote B
  • Meeting that person for a date/hangout without your S.O.'s knowledge (and everything below)
    Vote C
  • Kissing that person (and everything below)
    Vote D
  • Having sex with that person
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I probably would class flirting as a mild form of cheating, I understand that there will obviously still be people my other half would be attracted to but I feel there is a general level of mutual respect. Yes I'd be attracted to other people as well, but I'd not act on that or even mention it. It's obviously not the same as actively meeting up with them or anything physical because that's more serious emotional and physical cheating. I know some people see flirting as 'only a bit of fun' or 'not at all serious', but that's not the whole point... I know some people who would say that, but would get annoyed if I were to act the same way.

2|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• A Lady that can speak Latin, interesting...

Cheating to me is sex, which leads to dancing, and that's sinful; unspeakable.

At my age, cheating is defined as dying before the life insurance is paid up.

1|3
    0|0
    • Yeah, totally unusual for a girl to know latin...?

• Unusual for anyone to know Latin anymore... Domine Exaudie Orationem Meum, Et Clamour Meum Et Te Veniet

• Cheating? Being good and treating my partner decently yet she finds it not enough that she cheats.

If I was a jerk, I guess relationship should be cut off then you do what ever you like with somebody else.

Same goes for guys for sure, cheating is never right nor good. Even if your partner wasn't good enough, call it off? You don't need to "Cheat".

0|1
    0|0
  • I think when you start doing something without your partners knowledge with someone else and hiding it, can only get worse from there. Some harmless flirting might be cool in passing, but if you are specifically texting to flirt then that would count for me.

0|2
    0|0
  • I said C because for the most part I can't tell the difference between a girl flirting or being nice.

1|2
    0|0
  • I could quote the inbetweeners movie and say "its not cheating if only the nobs in" but clearly in by books and for what I stand for its something else.

Cheating to me is when they do go out because I respect ones freedom so ill let them talk to others but when they start to talk about meeting up they really crossed my line

Its personal so my pov would be different to yours

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical touch as in kissing, sexual activities is what the world would call cheating, but there are boundaries in a relationship so I would treat all of them A-E as cheating and/ or a "form" of cheating. Any girl I've ever dated that even flirted with someone else without my knowledge of it is "hiding" something from me. Relationships are about trusting and respecting each other so when girls even flirted with another guy I would dump them. Sure there's a difference between being nice/ friendly and actually flirting. But there's a fine line between the two, and flirting... That's a no fly zone for me and I don't have time for bs like that. So I consider that a "form" of cheating because the other person broke respect and trust, that's when I cut bait and find another girl.

0|1
    1|0
  • Cheating is going past agreed upon(or implied/assumed) boundaries. Flirting is not exactly cheating to me, but still something worth noting.

2|0
    0|0
  • ''If you have to ask, it's cheating.

If you need to hide it from your partner, it's cheating.''

Cheeseburgers That's so wise a saying that I had to type it in too just to make sure QA gets it. (:

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have to ask, it's cheating.

If you need to hide it from your partner, it's cheating.

0|2
    0|0
    • Cheeseburgers while every ''boy'' around you has ''swag'' you got ''Class'' 'cause you're a Real Man. (:

• vote F none off the above

0|0
    2|1

What Girls Said 8

• Cheating is doing and/or feeling anything with someone else that you should exclusively be doing with your significant other.

4|1
    0|0
  • Casual flirting is not cheating for me. I use it and many other people use it to survive at the job, to have fun for a while etc. What's wrong is developing feelings for the other person and going out on dates meet ups etc. If you feel tempted for more with someone else, you should seriously evaluate your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything that is a betrayal to the agreed rules between the two partners.

3|1
    0|0
  • Kissing is the line for me. Anything before kissing (flirting, hugging, even holding hands or a kiss on the forehead) can easily be just a gesture of close friendship. My best guy friend and I flirt and hold hands (or rather, link arms) when we hang out and he kisses my forehead or cheek when I need support. We have a relationship very similar to Morgan and Garcia's from Criminal Minds (in other words, he's caring and protective like a brother but we also make playful sexual jokes at each other). His girlfriend knows how our relationship is and she's never expressed concern at how we act with each other.

I rambled a bit there but long story short, I've had enough friends of the opposite sex to know that friendly signs of affection are nothing to worry about.

0|1
    0|0
  • A is my limit. Once you start getting cozy with her, its a wrap between us and the relationship is over.

1|1
    1|0
  • How are A and B different?

0|0
    0|0
    • One's in person, one's on the phone

• talking to someone because you are interested in them or because you feel attracted to them, rather than for friendship or work related issues, when you are already in a relationship with someone else.

If you're in a relationship, what's the purpose of befriending people you feel attracted to? It always leads to something else or a break up with your so. Instead, the person should end the relationship with the person they are with if they feel they MUST contact this other person because of how much they like them or feel attracted to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having sex with them

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes