Why does it seem every guy out there calls their ex girlfriend 'psycho'?

I'm really hesitant to believe guys right away or whatever they say.

it just seems suspicious.

why paint a horrible picture about your ex?

it takes 2 to tango

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• All but one of my exes were sweethearts. The one that wasn't led me on a little (she only 'went out' with me because I was friends with her then crush/later boyfriend/baby daddy). But none of the others were psychos. If I had the choice, I would have stayed with them but something always came up, usually on my end.

But yeah, the other guy who said it's to make them feel better about themselves and to make it look like it was all her fault for the failure of the relationship. Sometimes it's the truth. Some girls are straight up crazy once they progress in the relationship. But then again, guys can be the same way.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Not every guy does, but many do. Sometimes they're right, but when they're wrong it's because they are hurt and it's the pain talking, or they screwed up and don't want to examine themselves.

By the way, I have heard many women say they're ex's are pigs. I think it's for the same reasons I listed above.

The pain we feel because of our relations with the opposite sex is unique.

0|0
    0|0
  • For two reasons.

1. It helps with the pain of getting over an ex by belittling them, so you feel better about yourself.

And,

2. Women sometimes disregard reality for bouts of utter emotionally driven thought processes. To a man, especially a man who is emotionally invested in a woman, seeing her disregard what is generally considered reality can make him take a step back and wonder what the heck is going on.

Us guys have trouble understanding women, sometimes. Our minds get emotional when we want to fight someone, or when we are madly in love, but rarely for other things. We try not to be emotional about "Stuff".

So being around another homo sapien who sometimes is swept away by her emotions, well, it's kinda strange to us.

It's easier to call her a "Psycho" than to try and understand the hows and whys of her psyche, and how we as men affect it.

1|3
    0|0
  • Because in the end, all women pretty much are psychos :)

0|1
    3|0
  • Well, my ex-girlfriend called me a psycho for the sort of things I did! Haha!

... Ohh... ... I'm lying, she wasn't my girlfriend ._.

0|0
    0|0
  • The same reason girls call their ex's douches/assholes/jerks. just out of spite

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• A lot of girls do tend to act a little "psycho" in their relationships. A lot of girls also tend to let their emotions run away with them instead of keeping them under control and so a lot of guys consider that being "psycho."

1|2
    1|0
  • hahahaa I completely agree! I think it is more a male dominance thing/egotistic issue they have!

Like, well dude of course I broke up with her! I don't care if she was hott she was a psycho b----!

It is like...their way of trying to look cool. In my opinion!

But, I think it is the same with girls to an extent!

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering some guys call their girlfriends crazy for wanting to talk on the phone, and wanting to spend time with them. I don't believe most guys who call their girlfriends crazy.

Unless he had his house burned down, was physically maimed, emotionally abused, or held hostage, his ex wans't cray.

I've SEEN crazy girlfriends. Women who stab, shoot, and beat their boyfriend. Women who burn cars and houses. Women who hold their boyfriends hostage. Women who kill their ex's pets. THAT IS CRAZY.

Most guys use "crazy" as a way of saying "she had emotions" or "she held me responsible for my inappropriate behavior". They're always guys who cheat, or completely ignore and dismiss their girlfriends.

Unless a guy is in a wheelchair, has a restraining order, or a scar, I don't believe he had a crazy ex girlfriend. He's probably a sexist who just enjoys gaslighting women.

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually guys call their ex's psycho because...

1.) They have horrible communication skills and don't really know what's really going on with her emotionally

2.) They are too childish and immature to accept the situation for what it really is, including a very painfully frustrated female, so they resort to name-calling

3.) They were in the wrong, but they'd rather derail from that truth by vilifying the ex

There are very few situations where the ex is truly psycho. When she is, she's so crazy that you won't even have to question it. She doesn't care who sees her in her crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmmm...NO.

Some people of course place blame and bad mouth their exes for the demise of a relationship. HOWEVER,some girls are off the chain crazy! My boyfriends exgirlfriend went into his apartment and stole his passport and stuff out of vengeance. He is not from the U.S. so it was an issue. Every guy does not have these issues however,but sometimes people go crazy if a relationship doesn't work out. Instead of just walking away,they get crazy and cause problems. I'm just saying. There is 3 sides to a story.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say 90% of the time they just say that out of a combination of hurt and anger, and want to get back at their ex for making them all emotional. I definitely agree with you and I think using that name, or just talking shit in general about your ex, automatically tells a lot about the guy.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes