Just found out my boyfriend's ex girlfriend was minor. Not sure how to feel about this.

Recently my newish boyfriend made the mistake of introducing me to his ex-girlfriend (trust me I was already uncomfortable with this and I think he may still have feelings for her). He told me on our first date that she had cheated on him.

Anyway after some small talk with her I found out she is still in school. My boyfriend is 25, which means when they dated she was 14 and he was 23.

I felt sickened by this and asked him what went on between them and he said they never had sex. He also told me that they met at a church and that the elders also were not comfortable with them dating.

I still do not feel comfortable about this, I just think that was too big an age gap and am little concerned that he would have been attracted to someone so young. its not like he didn't know her age either because he was the leader of the youth group and she was one of the kids he was teaching.

He is now training to be a teacher and I am just a bit concerned over all of it.

Am I overreacting or is this weird? Is he attracted to younger girls?

I know he is with me, but I am not sure he really likes being with me because he keeps bringing this girl up in conversations.

37

Most Helpful Girl

• youre right to be uncomfortable, the age gap itself isn't a big deal when you're comparing a 20 & 30 year old but the fact that she is so young and he is an adult makes him a hebephile (into young teens).

the most disturbing part is that he is supposed to be in a position of trust and could get fired if he doesn't that same thing in an actual teaching job, I'm surprised the church supervisor didn't remove him from his position of youth group leader.

if he introduced his ex to you he's probably doing it to make her jealous that he's over her and moved on as revenge for her cheating, he sounds immature and creepy tbh.

this does sound like a troll post though

• I'm surprised everyone thinks this is a troll post, but it isn't. I know this is all very weird, but his family and her family all said it was fine for them to date, hence the reason I needed a different point of view. They were making me feel like I was the one going mad. I think the elders did try to get rid of him, but for some reason something happened and he stayed and they dated for a year. Thank you for your comment all the same :)