Is it wrong to break up with somebody because of their age?

I'm about to be 23 and I date a girl who is only 19. It's not about age really it's about not being able To go out and have fun besides drinking and going to bars. all my friends are 21 and over. I like to go to clubs, smoke and just enjoy myself. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not a bad person but the relationship gets boring when there's nothing to do at the of 19 with a 23 year old in my state. She's too dramatic and still act as if she was a high school girl. She thinks materialistic things will make me stay. I like going to clubs havin a good time and going to strip clubs. I want a girlfriend to come with me to places like these and others as well. We only go to the movies and out to eat repeatedly. Yes I talked to her, she got mad. I like smoking with my friends and drinking and playin dice games and going to bars playing pool. I'm 23 years old I like to have a good time. She was born in 1994 and I'm born in 1991. She made me basically her life. Am I wrong for wanting a woman? I'm not getting any younger

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 16 and I usually date guys who are 19/20. The legal drinking age over here is 18+, it was 16 first but it got changed. I don't let the age get in the way though, I can still go to clubs and drink: it's just not always legal. But who cares? I tell my parents I sleep at a friends house and go out with someone else's ID, so I can get in the club. Still having a good time, despite the age. Maybeyou can do this with your girlfriend? I'd talk about it with her, on a mature and serious level, so she knows you mean it. Maybe you can at least try it one time, to sneak her in. If you're having a good time, try it again. If this doesn't work, maybe you can find other things you both like. Life isn't all about getting drunk and going to party's anyway. Try finding things you can enjoy together. But remember: if it's not meant to be, don't go trough with it. There are a lot of other people in this big big world, enough girls you might like even more. Tell her on a nice way, to hurt her feelings less. Goodluck, I hope it works out

0|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• It sounds like you are both too immature for a serious relationship, first off.

She shouldn't have an issue with you going out and having fun. It's your life, you're old enough, and you have to be able to do things for yourself.

But it shouldn't be that she can't go to the strip club with you that you want to break up with her? If it's because she is unable to connect on a certain level because she still acts like a child you should definitely end it. High school bitches suck.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes she's still act like a high school kid. I didn't tell everything I just asked that question. But yes she's very insecure very!

• See, the confidence thing would get to me personally. I wouldn't be able to date someone with no confidence. It just screams "kid" to me.

• So there's really a 3 year difference (seeing your birth year).

If you really liked her I don't see why you can't wait for her.

But it seems as if you have no patience (that makes me question how much you actually

do like her).

Break up with her if you feel you need to.

0|0
    0|0
  • not really wrong. you two are on different levels.

however, no offense, but it doesn't sound like you want a woman. Because a woman doesn't go out and party there life away. What you described is someone who is still immature, young and still needs to grow up. Not saying it is a bad thing!

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not about the partying it's mainly about having someone you can take road trips with and mainly enjoy life with. She's not wanting to drive herself she too dependent on me

• well in that case, yeah I agree. I said you weren't wrong :)

• It doesn't sound like its about her age, but her maturity. It's not wrong to want someone you connect with more, and can be happier with.

2|0
    0|0
  • So because you want to smoke and go to strip clubs and she doesn't she is not a real woman?

0|0
    0|0
  • no, if you have contradictory lifestyles it won't really work. If you arnt comfortable break up with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like YOU have some growing up to do.

0|0
    0|1
  • You aren't wrong at all to be feeling this way. You aren't so far apart in years, but as far as where you're at in your life, you might as well be a decade apart in age. She won't be where you're at for another couple years. Sounds like this relationship has about run its course. Enjoy being single when ya get there :) 23 is a good age to be single at.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• is it wrong to break up with her? no not necessarily but it's pretty sh*tty. a little foresight would have made it easy to see that you two were in different places

now you are blaming something out ofher control on her. Blame circumstances but it is not her fault she is not able to do similar things

The fact is that you don't love her, otherwise you wouldn't need her to go to clubs with you. you could find happiness otherwise. That's fine though. Break up with her but don't b.s. yourself into thinking that it's her fault. she didn't "made me basically her life" she just loves you, that's what you do when you love someone they become part of your life.

you aren't in love... that's fine break up

but you're trying to rationalize hurting her, which is inevitable but no reason not to break up, by putting blame on her. All she does is care for you, that's not a fault or blame-able offense

2|0
    0|0
    • I just want someone I can enjoy life with. It's not about having fun

• Show All
    • well that's fair and if that is the case you can break up with her. but don't blame her as if she is the reason. she's underage and can't participate in a lotof the stuff you do socially. that's no one's fault... I'm not saying you don't have every right to break up with her, just realize it's about different people wanting different things and not because she's done anything wrong

• aww. great answer!

• It's not about age it is about maturity. I met my long time Girlfriend when she was 19. I was 24 at the time. She was incredibly mature for her age and we wanted the same things out of the relationship and out of life, so it worked out great.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. Break up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes