Do you have anything to offer another human being in terms of a relationship?

I don't feel like I do. And maybe this is the ultimate reason why I cannot guage if a girl is interested, and I cannot feel loved even if I am told I am by parents or friends or anybody else even if they say that they care straight out.

I think that when you learn to be protective of yourself and need to stay that way you begin to lose the ability to feel things for other and things that should generate some emotional response.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Humans are very much hardwired for intimacy and sexual relationships. Taking the path of choosing not to love someone because you want to protect yourself ultimately doesn't protect yourself. It can lead to depression. There's a correlation between sex and longevity. There's a correlation between a good marriage and longevity, when you factor out domestic violence. Given how healthy sex is, I believe it's not mere correlation, it's causation.

If you feel like you have nothing to offer in terms of a relationship, then you should try to make yourself into a person who has much to offer. Even if you never find a relationship, becoming a person who has much to offer has many other benefits. People who don't make themselves into someone with a lot to offer tend to become sullen and withdrawn in many other aspects which can affect friendships and career.

So it will be very profitable in many ways to turn yourself into someone who has a lot to offer. Then, you can start looking for that person who you can love and who will love you in return. Perhaps some good therapy might be very beneficial to you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I have a lot to offer that is not material. I am not well off and never will be, but in other ways then yes a lot. But not at the moment!

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like you have been hurt before by someone close to you and you are trying to distance yourself from your feelings, so that you won't be hurt again.

Are you happy?

But the most important question is are you ready to feel again? Are you ready to take that risk and have a chance to develop a meaningful relationship?

You have trust issues and the only way you are going to get past it is to take that leap of faith and put that trust into someone that you believe is worthy of it.

I won't sugar coat it for you, because you need to hear the truth.

I've been in your shoes and realized that I needed to move on from the past, I hope you do to.

0|0
    0|0
  • In any kind of relationship you are not for trading or for any kind of business in which you have to do think about so much to offering any thing. As I feel and experienced that when we are in a good relationship then we are ready to give any thing for that relation and no one is making any pressure to do it, it was my decision and I am responsible if any thing went wrong and still I am happy because I did what I want to do and did for happiness of both and it always makes me happy whenever I thought what I did for my ex or currents or even in other relationships.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• You need to love yourself and be comfortable with yourself before you can be loved by another.

0|0
    0|0
  • try meditation...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes