How to behave after the break-up?

I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years because we were headed to a point of moving in together and he didn't make any efforts to look for an apartment or give me hope that he was being proactive.

We both still love each other very much and its heartbreaking but I'm 25 and can't keep devoting my energy to a relationship that doesn't promise me a future. There is an open place in my heart, if he should ever get his act together then I would consider getting back with him but I can't wait anymore.

What should I do? I can't imagine him not being in my life but I can't hold out for him anymore as his girlfriend.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a firm believer that about 90% of relationships can be saved through better communication. In my very humble opinion,I don't see a strong importance of moving in together if the LOVE is there. Some people don't want to move in together because legend has said that things go down hill from there. Some people still want there independence even though they are in a long term relationship. I am unsure of your boyfriends hesitance,but I also don't believe in trying to force someone to make that move especially since you are still young. I'm assuming he is around your age? Having "space" is healthy.

HOWEVER...

If this is what you want...then there might be some compatibility issues. If you want someone on that same page as progressing towards bigger things in the relationship,then...maybe you should find someone with a similar mindset.

Final Opinion:

I find that women are often in such a RUSH and they give ultimatums and then when they are older and not pulling guys like they use to,they settle or have regrets concerning past relationships. You never said this guy would never marry you. You never said this guy would never move in with you. It seems like he just doesn't WANT to right NOW and honestly don't think he should be forced. So you broke up because he is not on YOUR schedule. Girl,if the love is there...dont lose a good thing! If you love him to death then act like it. Relationships are about compromise...relationships are work on behalf of both people. Pushing him away to get YOUR way will in turn probably just make him bitter in the future...i guarantee it. Find out why he is hesitant,and better yet gain PATIENCE. I don't think your time table is altogether fair,and its very hurtful to break up with someone over this. Whether or not he will come back? Who knows? I feel like you made a rash decision.

good luck.